Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been thinking about this.

October 04, 2023 08:00AM
Couple things have to be noted first ...

1) His role in our offense is usually spreading the defense out and making holes for Puca and Tutu right now. He can do this because of his acceleration when already in motion. If Tutu is our only other deep threat that's an issue. If Tyler Johnson or Demarcus Robinson can do that, then he could, in theory, be traded.

2) If he plays out this year and gets a 6 million dollar contract it gets us a 6th if my math and memory are right. So it would have to be higher than that if we decided he was available, and likely by more than one round since it's also an inconvenience.

3) We aren't in rebuild mode. We're competitive and have a shot at the playoffs, if not being an upstart underdog for a run.

4) Our team is going to be getting better every week because we're playing so many inexperienced players. So #3 becomes more of a factor.

Basically, because even without catch production he is useful, they'd have to overpay by a lot. Maybe they're that desperate. The NFC South is open and their young QB is going to get better as the year progresses. But they don't have that much capital to begin with and Brian Burns needs paid. Which is where it gets more interesting.

VJ and a 1st or 2nd for Burns? I could see that more easily. But if they are serious about contending for the division I can't believe they'd do that.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Could the Rams trade this wide receiver to the Panthers?

BerendsenRam343October 04, 2023 07:45AM

Been thinking about this.

alyoshamucci135October 04, 2023 08:00AM

Re: Been thinking about this.

LMU9377October 04, 2023 08:38AM

Re: I was thinking along the same lines

mtramfan67October 04, 2023 09:26AM

Re: I was thinking along the same lines

alyoshamucci84October 04, 2023 09:37AM

OzRam68October 04, 2023 11:44AM

BerendsenRam37October 05, 2023 07:26AM

If they did, it would be for picks. Trades of players are rare.

RockRam66October 04, 2023 12:03PM