Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Preseason Opener

August 13, 2023 08:33AM
Thank God, that was a long wait. Not amused by offseasons.

NFL net didn't get me the first 12 minutes so I think I only saw Rypien get sacked. I'm still learning the remotes, and the remotes are different depending on what TV I'm using. Oh I think the big thing I missed was multiple pass breakups by THT ... Did Avila get some snaps?

The Great

1) Backup QB is taken care of. May have actually been one of the better debuts of a rookie QB I've seen. He made some really quick decisions and his ball placement was really solid (specifically balls thrown away form defenders that looked off target to the WR). Also... noted on a couple plays he'd glance at his check down, and then push the ball downfield. A lot to like. The one note I'll make is that TJ, McCutch, DRob, and Trammel are all profesional WRs. So they were pretty consistently open.

2) Tanner Ingle. I love it when I get these right. I had him as a 4th rounder, and the hardest hitter pound for pound in college football. The sack ... looked like his assignment was the back releasing, but he came off it because the QBs back was turned and he trusted his feet to get him there. The TFL ... he trusted his read, no wasted steps.

3) Tyler Johnson ... we have a great WR room.

The Good

4) McClendon looked great. I saw him beat once (inside). I didn't think they'd have him at OLT, so I watched him every play. Angry, long arms that he locks out well, and the thing I liked most (something I liked about Havenstein) ... when he loses his guy a little he becomes a pain to get around. Like there were reps I thought he lost pretty quickly, but the guy couldn't seal the deal because he just got wide and heavy. So instead of a loss, it ends up being a really ugly win.

5) Royce Freeman. That's what I wanted from him coming out of college. Burst, not too much wiggle, and +2 yards vs what was blocked.

6) I liked the McCallister kid at OC. Thought he was good at locating players at the second level. Held the point solid.

7) The Nacua TD. Didn't run into coverage, bodied his guy, Stetson put it right where he could wrestle for it.

The Bad

8) Rookies on teams still putting it together. Hopefully they don't cost us early in the year while we're still green.

9) Z Evans will get you what's blocked, that's it. Same as I saw in college.

10) Anchrum was not impressive at OG.

11) I'm scared about our pass rush. Like can we please sign Melvin Ingram now?

The Ugly

12) Giving up two home runs ... losing the edge.

13) Bruss. Does he even make the team? He gets this one game, as it is his first game action since the injury, but lord, he was the worst player on the field.

I'll stop here, it's early.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Preseason Opener

alyoshamucci414August 13, 2023 08:33AM

Re: Blinkscout Preseason Opener

Rams43126August 13, 2023 08:38AM

Old Goat184August 13, 2023 08:49AM

AlbaNY_Ram105August 13, 2023 09:02AM

Bruss Gets Two More Games.

den-the-coach112August 13, 2023 09:08AM

Agree, cut Bruss -- to PS, he clears waivers.

BC Ramsfan93August 13, 2023 09:36AM

Bennett has great body language

merlin112August 13, 2023 09:21AM

mtramfan151August 13, 2023 09:29AM

alyoshamucci156August 13, 2023 09:44AM

BerendsenRam85August 13, 2023 09:54AM

mtramfan66August 13, 2023 03:41PM

He got beat on a twist, too, to the outside