Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Article: Rams have been “intentional” about evaluating “second-tier” of quarterbacks

April 26, 2023 02:54AM
Rams have been “intentional” about evaluating “second-tier” of quarterbacks
link

The Rams started four quarterbacks last season.

Starter Matthew Stafford is returning, having never considered retirement despite some speculation. But he currently is the only quarterback on the roster.
Skip

Baker Mayfield signed with the Buccaneers in free agency, and John Wolford and Bryce Perkins remain free agents.

That leaves the Rams in need of quarterbacks.

Los Angeles has 11 draft picks, but none until the 36th overall pick in the second round. It is expected to use one on a quarterback.

“We’ve definitely been intentional about the second tier, right, and those players that would probably be beyond the [top] four, even the fifth one now [from] Tennessee [Hendon Hooker] that’s talked about a lot going early, going before us, things like that,” Rams General Manager Les Snead said. “But no different than every year.”

Alabama’s Bryce Young, Kentucky’s Will Levis, Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud, Florida’s Anthony Richardson and possibly Hooker will hear their names called before the Rams turn comes to select.

Fresno State’s Jake Haener, Purdue’s Aidan O’Connell, BYU’s Jaren Hall, Stanford’s Tanner McKee and Houston’s Clayton Tune are in the next group of quarterbacks, and one of them could end up in Los Angeles.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Article: Rams have been “intentional” about evaluating “second-tier” of quarterbacks

Ramsdude162April 26, 2023 02:54AM

Re: Back up Scout QB vs Intentional Relief Pitcher

leafnose58April 26, 2023 05:51AM

Re: Back up Scout QB vs Intentional Relief Pitcher

303080April 26, 2023 06:08AM

What are the odds?

Ramsdude78April 26, 2023 06:28AM

I would say that's impossible.........

Arkansas Ram50April 26, 2023 06:39AM

Re: $$$. And the next cut

leafnose43April 26, 2023 07:20AM

Re: What are the odds?