Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I bet no more than 3

April 11, 2023 02:37PM
Rams43
AlbaNY_Ram
I get what you're saying about the 9 guys not being guaranteed anything.

But even if the Rams draft a stud Edge then Hoecht is probably going to start on the other side. It's just that Hoecht would then be the #2 Edge (with Thomas then becoming the rotation guy).

And if they draft a stud DL then Donald and either Bobby Brown or Jonah Williams will still start, with the other one becoming a rotation guy.

Stud CB? Sure, but Durant would still start along with either Rochelle or Kendrick when the Rams go nickle or dime.

I don't think the Rams value ILB or safety enough to draft someone who is going to start in 2023. So that's why I think 3 max. But in reality, drafting three front-line starters as I have laid out would upgrade a half dozen spots (or on the defense as guys move down the depth chart.

What I'm thinking is that rookie edge > Hoecht, but Hoecht > Thomas and Thomas > Hardy that's 3 upgrades.

Rookie DL > Bobby Brown, but Brown > Williams (or the other way around - doesn't matter) and Williams > Copeland, on down the line (no pun intended).

Rookie CB > Durant, and Durant > whoever is the current #2CB, etc., etc.

I take your point and don’t disagree with it.

It all depends on one’s definition of what ‘lock’ is. I still maintain that there are 9 positions on D that could have new starters this year depending on which direction Snead goes in this draft. Literally 9 current projected starters are vulnerable and could lose their status after this draft.

Obviously, not all 9 WILL lose their status, but up to 9 COULD. The sad result of Rams self imposed talent drain in order to regain a ‘healthy’ cap situation as Snead calls it.

My son was wearing a T-shirt from the Championship 22 season. It has the entire roster printed on the back. It lists all the players of the full 53 man roster. Of the names from the SB team of February 2022, 14 months ago, just 18 remain. The shed has been pretty fast and drastic.

That said, they basically had all new starters on Defense on the 2018 and 2022 team with the exception of AD.

Its what the Rams do apparently.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So, technically, how many ‘openings’ on Rams D roster are there?

Rams43129April 11, 2023 10:01AM

Less then we think

stlramz87April 11, 2023 01:22PM

Re: Less then we think

Rams4370April 11, 2023 01:54PM

AlbaNY_Ram66April 11, 2023 01:36PM

Rams4360April 11, 2023 02:05PM

stlramz58April 11, 2023 02:37PM