Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pure gold. And Alyo brings up an important point

February 14, 2023 09:28AM
alyoshamucci
If you want to see a seriously in-depth mock draft, Deadpool's is really really deep with a lot of multiple position possibilities around each pick, covering almost 30 prospects. I'm going to try to use players he hasn't, but it's not going to be easy.

Also, my understanding until recently was that we had two 5th comps, but now Im seeing we have a 4th and 5th? That changes a lot for me. And ... I know it's not likely what Snead may do, but I'm not going to draft a RB high enough to make Akers uncomfortable. Mainly because I realized he's an RFA and we may get him for more years on transitional tags or what have you. Whatever balance got restored I have no interest in jeopardizing ... so 5th round will be the earliest there. There are starter caliber backs through the 6th if Akers gets hurt, so I'm still in prep mode for his departure.

Also I want to note, I think Raheem stays. I think Baker leaves along with most of our FAs. I want to keep Gaines, but I think people know he's worth 10 mil a year. I think Rapp leaves. I think Scott leaves and gets a bigger contract than we'd expect. Cutting Allen or Noteboom is irrelevant to me.

I also feel like we'll find an OG or Edge so we don't have gaping holes, just minor ones.

I know there will be trades. From what I can see, if JMS is gone (which I can almost guarantee), we will have lots of edge rushers and may trade down a little to pick up a 4th.

36) Edge ... Nolan Smith/McDonald/Ojulari Athletic, experienced, team leaders that may slide because they're small. We have Hoecht (I predict he stays) to take on bigger running teams, so I don't expect them to play full time against teams that may take advantage of their weight.

If the Rams keep Hoecht (and I agree, I think he stays) then he could be your early down guy and then what you want is a pass rusher first and don't worry if he can handle run support duties. Those names all make a ton of sense to me.

69) TE Sam Laporta/Tucker Kraft For me, this is a value meets need pick. In any other year, these guys would be gone by now. Laporta is a first round talent, Kraft is Goedert part 2, IMO. Both of these guys have pro bowl ceilings and very very high floors. I'm gonna note that I really like Durham and Mallory later, but if I get a chance to take a beast here, that's what I going to do. Laporta led his terrible offense in receptions and is likely to run a 4.55 or better IMO. Kraft I haven't seen as much of, just highlights, but he looks like a man amongst boys.

I just don't see how the Rams walk away from this draft without a TE. Too many good ones, I love both these guys, although I prefer Kraft, and thats tough to say being a Bison fan.

4) IL Olesegun Olawatimi/ Sedrick Van Pran. The next tier is Wypler, Downing, and Stromberg for me, and it's a decent drop. Both guys helped their team to a final four, and led a really potent rushing attack. Could start at OLG/OC day one.

So Van Pran is going back to Georgia for another year. Which is good, because he needs to hammer the weight room and that will dramatically improve his stock. I like him already. Olawtatimi would be my early day 3 target if the Rams go other directions on day 2.

5) S Jay'ir Brown/ Sydney Brown. Both of these guys play like Jalen Pitre. I know it's late for such a description but there are a lot of safeties in this class slated ahead, and these guys will fall because they're not going to blow up the combine. I've just seen so much tape of them being instinctual and getting into the backfield from depth.

I like Sydney of the 2, but I can see Ja'Ayir being more like a Nick Scott type. Take your pick. There are a lot of good safeties in this class.

6) RB Tavion Thomas (6-2 247)/Lew Nichols the 3rd (5-11 222). My thinking... I want a back that can help Akers finish a game. If we're up by two scores in the 4th, I'd rather give Akers a few less reps. It's a 17 game season. I also think these guys could be two down backs if Akers gets hurt with Kyren doing 3rd down duties. Tavion is powerful. Lew is powerful, BUT he has really sweet feet ... and was called "Sweet Lew" as a result. Both are great for 4th quarter or change of pace.

I would like Thomas more if he had more catches and could be fumble prone at times. But he is dynamic for his size. Nichols looks like a typical 9ers pick that ends up starting. So, yeah Im good with both of them.

6) CB Ke'Trel Clark/Nic Jones/Stephen Jones Jr. ... These are our type of CBs IMO. Smaller, quicker, but capable in every area of the game. All took part in post season all star games and may not wow at the combine, thus dropping into our range.

I want to see Clark run TBH, but I like his game. I like Nic Jones' game and size.

6) DL Jonah Tavai/Dante Stills OR PJ Mustipher/Lole. Depends on whether we need violence or a nose guard. Bobby Brown should be able to take Gaines' place, but if not ... we may need the latter two. Jonah Tavai and Stills both have brothers at the same position and are relentless.

Those are all great names this late. I'm a huge fan of Stills.

6) Max Duggan/Clayton Tune. Not much to say here. Gamers. I think Deadpool had the same two. Yeah, these are my 2 guys later.

7) TE Ben Sims (BAY)/Mason Fairchild (KAN). Tough players that can make enough plays in the passing game.

Sims is a great TE2, did alot of blocking at Baylor and had decent production catching the ball. Fairchild is the pass catcher of the 2. I'd add Noah Grindorff to this late TE list, he'll be at the combine.

7) OL Caleb Chandler (LOU)/Bainivalu (UW)/J Gwyn (SC)/Tyler Beach (WIS). There are a couple others I could slot ... it's a deep class. I think we keep Powell, or I would have looked for a PR/slot gadget here. real solid group here

I know that not getting a CB earlier could be an issue here, as well as not grabbing an OT. But I trust our ability to develop CBs (as well as the fact that we have 4) and it is just not a good year for OTs. If I can't outdo Arcuri what's the point?

I can see a scenario where CB is the Rams top need going into the draft. They lose Long Jr and Hill. That leaves Ramsey on 1 side and 1 of Kendrick or Rochell. With Durant in the slot. The Rams are thin at CB.

Anyway, questions and comments welcome ... next one will be post Combine.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Mock draft ... Post Senior bowl edition.

alyoshamucci588February 10, 2023 07:32AM

Re: Blinkscout Mock draft ... Post Senior bowl edition.

LBCRAM147February 10, 2023 07:43AM

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram156February 10, 2023 11:49AM

@30mac

alyoshamucci208February 10, 2023 12:00PM

David Deacon114February 11, 2023 03:41AM

AlbaNY_Ram138February 11, 2023 04:28AM

stlramz83February 15, 2023 07:10PM

leafnose217February 11, 2023 06:36AM

@leaf on DBs ...

alyoshamucci208February 11, 2023 06:52AM

thanks for posting

OzRam116February 11, 2023 11:19AM

Tippman, Wypler, Avila

alyoshamucci148February 11, 2023 01:15PM

Re: Tippman, Wypler, Avila

bigjimram21126February 14, 2023 11:29AM

Avila

alyoshamucci94February 15, 2023 07:47AM

Note ... Wypler