Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: What did you name back then?

February 01, 2023 08:42AM
Here ya go, RR.

But I DO know that McVay has been ‘different’ this year and not in a good way. Something about McVay has been ‘off’ compared to the 2017-2021 version. There’s simply no doubt about it.

I posted a list of coaching decisions that were at least questionable if not downright erratic or irrational. This list was posted 2 months ago in early November and there have been more questionable decisions since that I’m not gonna bother to include.

At the time I posted this list I asked for any and all coherent explanations that might make sense so that my concerns could be lessened. Guess what? Not one single explanation has been submitted by anyone for 2 months. So, draw your own conclusions…

Here’s that list again and I’m posting it for a reason:

Rams43
Honestly, I’m starting to lose confidence in these coaches and this FO.

Here we go…

Why pick Atwell over Humphrey? (Admittedly a ‘21 decision)

Why keep starting Evans with Brewer, Aboushi, and Skura in the wings? Now we’ve got Stafford in concussion protocol. Geez…

Why take forever to integrate AR in the O after a reportedly stellar camp?

How and why did they allow TE corps to be reduced to essentially one functional player (Higbee)? They virtually unilaterally neutered their own TE room.

WTH happened between McVay and Akers?

Why is it that we have a non-productive RB corps that is habitually injured? Is it a scouting problem or a usage problem?

Why have they tolerated a weak overall run blocking OL, even when healthy, for years? Are they scouting/drafting the ‘wrong’ types?

Once the Atwell pick was already made, why have they not at least given him targets to see what they’ve got? Especially after a reportedly stellar camp?

How in the world did the ‘genius O savant’ McVay oversee the utter disintegration of his O so quickly this season while defending a SB victory?

The Liam Coen hire is looking like yet another misfire. O’Connell’s career path is looking infinitely better right now.

So, who exactly was it that thought Hollins/Lewis would be fine at edge, pressure wise? An asst coach, Morris, McVay? SOMEBODY screwed up, that’s for sure.

Why did Morris start Kendrick vs Brady after the 49er game performance? The kid had a target on his back from the jump. I predicted this in a Sunday morning post. WTH couldn’t Morris see this coming? It’s not as if Morris didn’t have 4 other healthy choices available.

Why didn’t Ram D deny the sidelines to Brady’s WR’s in that final drive? That’s prevent D 101.

Whose brilliant idea was it to have Dixon start out-kicking his coverage in this game? Was it because the Bucs’ kicker was kicking so deeply and so well?

Anybody that can logically explain any of the above? If so, I’m all ears.

The above is a list of things that I doubt the Sean McVay of 2017-2021 would have done or tolerated by others.

Okay, here’s my reasoning. McVay’s troubles go far beyond merely dealing with an avalanche of injuries, particularly to the OL. Something else has been going on with him internally and it’s apparently reached the point that he now ‘needs to consider his future’. He’s 36 freaking years old!

I’m worried about him. Hope he can figure this out and get his mind right. I would be beyond disappointed to lose such a promising HC. We’ve all successfully dealt with far bigger challenges over our collective years and losing Sean McVay as HC wouldn’t even be a blip on the radar compared to those challenges. But still…

I think we’ve all come to love and respect our young HC and want to continue the relationship for years and years. We just want that happy, confident, and successful 2017-2021 version of Sean McVay back. This ‘2022 version was an imposter.

Sorry if this long post disturbs or offends anyone. But I’m just calling ‘em as I see ‘em.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I find this odd... Ram's coaching changes....

JamesJM338February 01, 2023 05:20AM

Re: I find this odd... Ram's coaching changes....

SoCalRAMatic150February 01, 2023 05:57AM

While I don't disagree with any of that.....

JamesJM70February 01, 2023 06:05AM

Absolutely it does James.

Ramsdude64February 01, 2023 06:29AM

Re: While I don't disagree with any of that.....

Ram_Ruler86February 01, 2023 07:45AM

kw1363February 01, 2023 06:41AM

I think both can be true....

JamesJM44February 01, 2023 06:55AM

Ram_Ruler35February 01, 2023 07:47AM

Rams4356February 01, 2023 06:47AM

What did you name back then?

Ram_Ruler46February 01, 2023 07:48AM

Re: What did you name back then?

Rams4354February 01, 2023 08:42AM