Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well, now it’s official…

January 27, 2023 07:32AM
Rams43
Let’s hope that McVay allows LaFleur to be an OC with serious input.

Potentially could really help Rams running game which is a crying need.

Strong input in formulating game plans to truly attack opponent’s’ weaknesses each week. This has been a bit of a McVay shortcoming of late.

Help steer McVay away from his obsession with 11 personnel sets.

I’m not so naive as to think that McVay is gonna allow LaFleur to call the plays, but I AM hoping that he will listen to LaFleur in his ear when getting away from the running game and overusing Kupp at the expense of AR, making mid-game and halftime adjustments as required, etc.

Hopefully, LaFleur will be a strong OC that enjoys McVay’s respect and one that can help steer McVay back on course from time to time, as needed.

LaFleur might be helpful in choosing best fits for O asst coaches, too. Starting with OL.

I like and agree with these points. I too, earnestly hope Sean wants another voice in the room and isn't setting up another yes-man. I can only hope he realizes that he must change to offense from his over-use of 11 personnel, and LaFluer can help design the build.

We can debate the McVay effect on QB development, but last year aside, he's done well with his coaching hires. Here's to hope that we're back on track.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Report: Rams to hire Mike LaFleur as offensive coordinator

Ramsdude185January 27, 2023 06:58AM

Re: Report: Rams to hire Mike LaFleur as offensive coordinator

den-the-coach105January 27, 2023 06:59AM

Well, now it’s official…

Rams4396January 27, 2023 07:17AM

So is this guy worth a flip?

sstrams95January 27, 2023 07:18AM

Re: So is this guy worth a flip?

Ramsdude90January 27, 2023 07:36AM

Re: Well, now it’s official…