Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Rams to hire Mike LaFleur as offensive coordinator

January 27, 2023 06:58AM
Link

Posted by Myles Simmons on January 27, 2023, 11:52 AM EST

The Rams will once again have a LaFleur as their offensive coordinator under Sean McVay.

Los Angeles is hiring former Mike LaFleur to be their new OC, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
LaFleur had been the Jets offensive coordinator for the last two seasons. He headed there after working with New York head coach Robert Saleh with the 49ers. LaFleur was previously San Francisco’s passing game coordinator from 2017-2020 under head coach Kyle Shanahan.

LaFleur also worked alongside Shanahan with the Falcons from 2015-2016 and the Browns in 2014.

But while LaFleur called plays for the Jets, he may not be doing so with Los Angeles. McVay has called plays since he was hired back in 2017. But with McVay reevaluating plenty of things in the offseason, LaFleur could, in theory, end up with that responsibility for Los Angeles in 2023.

LaFleur’s older brother, Packers head coach Matt LaFleur, was the Rams’ offensive coordinator in McVay’s first year coaching the Rams. Kevin O’Connell is another former Rams OC who has gone on to be a head coach.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude185January 27, 2023 06:58AM

Re: Report: Rams to hire Mike LaFleur as offensive coordinator

den-the-coach105January 27, 2023 06:59AM

Well, now it’s official…

Rams4397January 27, 2023 07:17AM

So is this guy worth a flip?

sstrams95January 27, 2023 07:18AM

Re: So is this guy worth a flip?

Ramsdude90January 27, 2023 07:36AM

Re: Well, now it’s official…