Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You guys make some good points, but...

January 13, 2023 06:16AM
...the key is to have an innovative, energetic, and driven head coach who can inspire his team, which is what the Rams used to have in Sean McVay and had years ago in George Allen, Chuck Knox, and Dick Vermeil. All of those coaches put together powerful teams that were fun to watch. The mere fact that McVay has been considering retirement two years in a row is a very bad sign that suggests that it would be best if he moves on. You just can't get it back when you lose it.

Thanks for compiling the Rams' list of upcoming draft picks. It does appear better than I was thinking. However, they have dug themselves into a really deep hole in terms of aging players, massive contracts, and lack of depth. The coaching staff has been decimated by losses to other teams. I really don't think McVay has anything left to give. If he goes, the Rams only hope in my opinion would be if they can find another innovative, energetic, and driven coach who can inspire his team. Such a coach would need to put together a good staff as did Allen, Knox, and Vermeil. He might also need to make some very tough decisions, such as trading away premier players. A possible alternative to trading them would be if those players can be re-inspired to go along on a fresh start with a new head coach.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Looking a lot like 1990 or 2007

L.A.Rams239January 12, 2023 05:24PM

Re: Looking a lot like 1990 or 2007

Ram4life105January 12, 2023 09:55PM

Times are diferent now

Ramsdude214January 13, 2023 04:43AM

Re: draft capital? better than you think ...

AlbaNY_Ram79January 13, 2023 05:09AM

Maybe some comp picks too

Ramsdude66January 13, 2023 05:24AM

You guys make some good points, but...

L.A.Rams59January 13, 2023 06:16AM

Re: You guys make some good points, but...

AlbaNY_Ram58January 13, 2023 06:24AM