Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Abbey Road, the Beatles.. I HATE that album...

March 10, 2019 07:26PM
JamesJM
Don't get in a snit, however... not talking about the music/songs. I mean Paul is walking barefoot on pavement and just the sight of that makes me cringe in pain.

I cannot walk barefoot on an indoor plush carpet, at least not without grimacing. I have no idea how people go barefoot outside. Grass doesn't actually 'hurt' me... a little maybe, but my GOD it tickles.

Sometimes I wear socks to bed. - JamesJM

I am the exact opposite. I can't stand shoes. I have no idea why. I don't wear them in the house at all. It doesn't matter what the surface is--rug, carpet, wood, basement cement. When I do wear shoes outside like a good boy (cause I am obligated to do so) I often walk on the heels of the shoes instead of wearing them properly--that is, I step on the heel of the shoe so that it is underneath my foot instead of behind my foot. This drives Mon Spouse crazy so I try and remember not to do it if we are out together.

To me sandals are just softcore instead of hardcore shoes, but still shoes.

Then the opposite occurs when I put on huge steel-toed high and heavy work boots to work outside in winter (getting wood or snow-blowing, that kind of thing). I get inside and I can't bring myself to take them off. So I clunk around on the wood floors here like a big clumsy Lurch. Taking them off seems like just so much trouble. But...then I do, finally.

There is no other thing I have similar issues with. Just shoes.

Wearing shoes to me is like wearing swim fins everywhere. Just ungainly and restraining.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Abbey Road, the Beatles.. I HATE that album...

JamesJM147March 08, 2019 02:02PM

Ditto

IowaRam126March 08, 2019 03:31PM

sandals are fine

21Dog90March 09, 2019 05:11AM

zn105March 10, 2019 07:26PM

LOL, yeah, we're quite opposite...

JamesJM209March 10, 2019 07:34PM

Going barefoot

waterfield107March 11, 2019 12:08PM

Except that...

JamesJM57March 11, 2019 03:13PM

Re: Except that...

zn66March 11, 2019 07:44PM

I don't know what gout is... even though I've been told...

JamesJM64March 11, 2019 08:24PM

ferragamo79148March 15, 2019 06:48PM