Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I only remember two White Christmases..

December 17, 2022 06:51AM
One when I was about 8.. and then another about 7-8 years ago when we got 3 feet of snow the day before and the town was completely shut down.. I have a short story for each event, if you're bored:

When I was 8, we went to church Christmas Eve, at night.. Generally my dad didn't go with us, but when we got home, Santa had always come while we were gone.. I questioned that one year, so my dad went with us to church.. When we got home, we couldn't get in the front door because everyone forgot the front door key.. My dad said he'd go around back, through th eback door, and let us in.. I offered to go, but was told to stay put.. Well, about 20 minutes later, he finally let us in the front door.. We had a perin beam house and I do recall a LOT of heavy movement through the house while we waited.. Once we got inside, Santa had come! As I look back, it was a rather brilliant plan, well-executed, by my parents..

7-8 years ago, the town was literally 3 feet in snow.. Nothing for Iowa, but we'd never had more than a few inches, so EVERYTHING was shut down, cars were abandoned all over town etc.. it was crazy.. So, my wife's family decided to STILL have Christmas at her parent's house.. There were about 15 kids supposed to be there, but none of their parents were going to drive them over - it was too treacherous.. So, I spent 5 hours picking up and delivering 15 kids to the house.. then 5 hours taking them back home.. think I averaged 3 miles per hour, at most..

The next day, they decided to have Christmas lunch at her mom's house.. But, I only had to get the two of us there.. on the way home, I was following in another car's tracks when I felt the car start to sort of "rise up".. Seconds later we were stranded and couldn't move.. the snow between the tire tracks had accumulated and lifted the car off the ground, so the wheels just spinned and spinned.. It was FREEZING outside and we weren't adequately dressed fo rit, but luckily a dude in a 4 wheel drive truck came along, hooked up a tow line, and got us off the snow so we could drive home..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, no white Christmas for me again this year....

JamesJM82December 17, 2022 06:34AM

I only remember two White Christmases..

sstrams35December 17, 2022 06:51AM

I enjoyed the heck outta that...

JamesJM51December 17, 2022 07:04AM

Awesome..

sstrams33December 17, 2022 07:39AM

Dogs and snow....

JamesJM60December 17, 2022 07:50AM

Not snow, but the best Christmas photo ever.. Attachments

sstrams41December 17, 2022 08:07AM

Re: Well, no white Christmas for me again this year....

SeattleRam69December 17, 2022 10:10AM

We've considered that....

JamesJM50December 17, 2022 10:42AM

Re: We've considered that....

SeattleRam56December 17, 2022 12:27PM

No problem here Attachments

IowaRam53December 17, 2022 11:50AM

Said before and I'll say it again....

JamesJM38December 17, 2022 11:59AM

Don't move here......

sstrams48December 17, 2022 12:07PM