Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My UTI horror story

November 01, 2022 01:49PM
Have you ever come down with a flu that hit you very suddenly? The best way I can explain it is... you're having a perfectly regular day, and all of a sudden you're insides feel like you it just sorta 'drops'. When I say "drops"... I don't mean a 'part' of your of you... it's kinda like your whole body is being pulled down. You can feel in your head and your muscles and everywhere like you know something just went wrong. And you know you got a bug. Well this has happened to me a few times in my life, and it was always the flu. And whenever I get sick, I give myself the nyquil/dayquil treatment, which is to take nyquil to sleep at night, and dayquil during the day... this generally works for me.

So I get the sudden sick feeling one evening a few years back, and figure I'll call it a night early as I'm already feeling awful. So I pop a couple of nyquil, and go to bed. I'm also in dreamland when suddenly I have the urge to pee. Now groggy has all heck... I get out of bed, stumble to the bathroom... and it burns BAD! When it's finally over... I go back to bed. I think I'd just dozed off when suddenly I have to pee again.... I think you know where this is going.

It turned out to be a pretty bad UTI. Heavy flu-like symptoms... headache, nausea, muscle aches, and fever... BUT... I have to keep getting up to urinate where almost nothing comes out, but it burns like crazy! And all I want to do is go to sleep as the nyquil is working overtime on me... I spent the entire night falling asleep only to be woken up every 7 to 10 minutes (yes, I began to time it) with a very strong urge to urinate. So it get up groggy/tired/wiped-out! Work my way to the bathroom for just a few drops to come out, but burns like hell fire! And I repeat this ALL NIGHT LONG, because I'm home alone on a weekend and in no condition to drive. When the nyquil wore off in the morning, I drove to the urgent care. Waited in a long line in the waiting room. Then got diagnosed and treated, but it still took a while before I began to feel better.

One of the absolute worst nights of my life. Self-inflicted due to me thinking it was just the flu....

So yep... I've had a UTI. And if I were you... the next time I got a 'dull ache' & 'urge to pee' with frequency... I'd get myself in... quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2022 01:49PM by RAMbler.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone here ever have a UTI?

Ramgator137November 01, 2022 02:28AM

Anyone here ever hear of TMI?

sstrams74November 01, 2022 06:07AM

TMI????? So much for the description of my bowel movement!! LOL

Ramgator88November 01, 2022 07:47AM

Re: TMI????? So much for the description of my bowel movement!! LOL

waterfield74November 01, 2022 10:04AM

My UTI horror story

RAMbler80November 01, 2022 01:49PM

I had a similar situation..

sstrams64November 01, 2022 02:09PM

Saw my Doctor today. Her name is Dr Irene Paulette Frehley!!

Ramgator46November 01, 2022 03:36PM

Is she married to Ace Frehley?

sstrams60November 01, 2022 04:16PM

I always have to keep Kidney Stones in the back of my mind also....

Ramgator53November 01, 2022 03:38PM

Ever have a gallstone?

sstrams107November 01, 2022 04:19PM