Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Genie Garage Opener Installation Saga....

July 13, 2022 02:41PM
It did not go well, and it was infuriating. A promised 2 hr installation time turned into about 12 hours. Why?

Don't panic, I'm not about to go into all the details of how, why, and how we resolved the problem... the concise answer is a faulty design that Genie is WELL aware of.

The most important part of this post is this: My son-in-law helped and we did not kill each other during the installation... oh sure, some close calls, but we both refrained from violence. As for mental abuse... and name calling, well that we pegged... but no physical violence.

The installation required a lot of out of the box adjustments to the installation instructions.... we did not see eye to eye on what adjustments were necessary nor the methods we had to 'invent' to make such adjustments... but what's important here is this:

My suggestions, all of them, turned out to be the right ones. No surprise to me at all... because the fact is that it's rare for anyone under 50 to know squat about this kind of stuff. Maybe anyone under 60. laughing smiley

Every so often I feel it a moral imperative to piss off the entire board, (except those over 60), then sit back and watch the reactions. I have a mean streak in me. BUT.. if it helps....

My Dad's generation had it all over my generation as well... as far as this kind of stuff. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Genie Garage Opener Installation Saga....

JamesJM114July 13, 2022 02:41PM

Why didn't you just call the guy?

sstrams245July 13, 2022 02:54PM

Not exactly sure what you mean...

JamesJM86July 13, 2022 03:14PM

I'm just messing with ya..

sstrams56July 14, 2022 02:58AM