Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes he did!

June 03, 2022 02:11PM
..and that was Baxter, by the way.. he was a Jack Russell Terrier and he had quite the attitude.. He and Mauie got into it several times - the last time Mauie would really have hurt him had I not separated them..

He was returned after 2-3 days of being adopted, which didn't necessarily surprise us.. ..and he stayed at the shelter for 2-3 weeks, at least.. we discussed going to go get him and he eventually got adopted.. this time a family who was familiar with the breed adopted him and they just laughed off his attitude..

Speaking of his attitude.. he had a bad one, but one night I kind of bonded with him and he was MUCH better with me after that.. Baxter was a dog that I REALLY wanted to find a good home.. His local owner was a teacher who absolutely LOVED him, but she would get stuck working 12 hour shifts and whatnot and she felt he needed to be in a home where he wasn't alone all day.. So, she really loved him, but let him go for HIS benefit.

..and I KNOW she loved him because when he was given to us, he came with a whole bag full of toys and his blanket and several printed photos of him in outfits.. I knew she loved him and let him go and, to this day, that REALLY affected me in that I wanted her sacrifice to give him a better life.. I am pretty sure he's got the good life now.. if something happened and he was returned (and its been about -5 years now) we would go get him in a heartbeat..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Final update on our dogs, Rocco and Roxy....

JamesJM137June 03, 2022 10:10AM

So sorry to hear that, Jimmy..

sstrams130June 03, 2022 10:19AM

Re: Final update on our dogs, Rocco and Roxy....

MamaRAMa47June 03, 2022 11:33AM

We have 3 cats....

JamesJM44June 03, 2022 12:46PM

We've fostered 10 dogs, I think..

sstrams39June 03, 2022 01:07PM

Re: We've fostered 10 dogs, I think..

MamaRAMa38June 03, 2022 01:55PM

Yes he did!

sstrams56June 03, 2022 02:11PM

Not RIGHT now but...soon, I say take the advice SST gave me a year and a half ago.

Ramgator63June 03, 2022 12:21PM

That's awesome, man..

sstrams58June 03, 2022 01:04PM