Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Its annoying...

February 01, 2022 12:45PM
"you can't use a previously used password"

BITE ME!

Today I got the best one yet: usajobs.gov that the government uses to announce jobs.. I get notice they're gonna close my account: I haven't logged in in 3 years.. So, login or lose my account.. I try to login.. I use ll my normal passwords.. no dice.. I hafta change my password.. So, I try.. and try.. and try.. everything I try with, I get the message "cannot use a previous password"..

So, I make one up just to be done with it.. success! I login, immediately get another message that I hafta multi-option confirm its me.. there are three options.. all three options are to call my previous work phone number to verify a code.. no option to call my home phone number.. just my work phone number.. that I just lost because we just changed offices and they gave me a new phone number..

So, after all that, I cannot login because I cannot receive the call with the verification code.. So, I'm going to lose my account and have to start over - and I don't have that resume stuff backed up anywhere - because its been 11 years since I used it and usajobs.gov NEVER goes down...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BOOOOOMMMM!!!!!! That was my head exploding after ANOTHER Password!

Ramgator178February 01, 2022 08:58AM

Its annoying...

sstrams108February 01, 2022 12:45PM

I use a password manager these days...

JamesJM115February 01, 2022 02:21PM