Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lady Drummers....

January 28, 2022 09:16PM
There are many, and they don't get enough recognition... like to 'mention' one in particular. Emmanuelle Capalette. I've only known Emanuelle for about a year.... and I found her because she has a ton of drummer exercise/instructional videos out there and frankly... she's the best I've ever come across... for teaching, for the drum exercises. That includes ALL men drummers.

Now Emmanuelle is not the best drummer I've ever heard... she can't begin to match the speed of Thomas Lang, or Dennis Chambers, or several others I could mention... and I don't care. Speed is not everything. I'm going to embed a video in this post but it's only fair to warn you... make that WARN you in caps...

This is NOT, most likely, your type of music. But if not and you have a good ear then hopefully you'll hear what I hear... which is, astounding meter, and so remarkably 'clean' notes, (especially her ghost notes, and ghost notes are those quiet notes on the drums you don't really know you're hearing but you are). I have to repeat that... you musicians will get this, and I think others as well but just not in the same way.... clean, dead on the metronome meter.

It doesn't hurt, BTW, that she's cute as a bug, (or is to me anyway), and has an incredibly engaging personality which won't be apparent in this video but sweeps you off your feet in her instructional videos.

I give you Emmanuelle Caplette....

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lady Drummers....

JamesJM164January 28, 2022 09:16PM

So I've seen a number of youtube vids talking about...

SeattleRam109January 28, 2022 11:10PM

No, it is not one of the hardest....

JamesJM76January 29, 2022 01:04AM

Just to add to that....

JamesJM82January 29, 2022 01:30AM

Drum beat I always liked.....

sstrams86January 29, 2022 05:26AM

Ya know... I had a change of thought, Seattle...

JamesJM77January 29, 2022 07:57AM

I know nothing about drumming...

SeattleRam146January 29, 2022 03:57PM

Yeah, same phenomenon in guitar playing..

sstrams62January 29, 2022 04:41PM

Re: Lady Drummers....

IowaRam122January 29, 2022 07:49AM

Karen was incredible....

JamesJM72January 29, 2022 08:01AM