Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hmmm, should I buy it?

August 26, 2021 07:15PM
Friend of mine, my neighbor, made me an offer tonight. My friend and I grew up together, he's a year younger than I am, on the same street about ½ mile away where our street dead ends. My friend is going thru some tough times, possible brain tumor. He can no longer drive, has a difficult time walking, so every week I drive him in to the Dante Club where we have a glass of wine, or two, eat a good dinner... and sit around BS'ing with old friends for a couple of hours. His offer...

His grandfather, now deceased, has a 1937 Ford Convertible, with the rumble seat... and the family has offered it to my friend for $20,000. It's not running but the body is immaculate. So my friends wife said 'no'.... and tonight he asked me if I wanted to go in partners with him. I've always wanted a vintage car but I have zero experience restoring one.... not that it needs very much restoring. No body work needed, gotta get it running and some cosmetics... like the convertible top needs replacing.

Did some research and I see the same model, restored, is selling for well over 50 grand. So knowing nothing about this... I'm trying to figure out...$10,000 investment, (shared ownership), will it pay off one day?... not that we'd sell it very soon... we'd want to drive it for a while... looking cool and being the envy of everyone. laughing smiley

I've only seen photos... going to go take a look at it maybe next week. Anyone with experience with vintage cars? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hmmm, should I buy it?

JamesJM189August 26, 2021 07:15PM

no experience with vintage autos.......

21Dog67August 27, 2021 03:19AM

I've had a hand in building a couple cars in the past....

roman1863August 27, 2021 04:09AM

That was some VERY handy info....

JamesJM53August 27, 2021 05:10AM

I agree with 21..

sstrams109August 27, 2021 05:44AM