January 29, 2021 06:58AM
It was someone pretending to be my cousin, who hacked my cousin's email account and sent the request to me from her account.. called me by name and mentioned another personal thing that they must have gotten off facebook.. So, I initially THOUGHT it was my cousin, but after replying to them, and finding out what they wanted, I knew it had to be a scam..

Not wanting to screw over my cousin, who, according to the emailer, had a broken back and wrist, I asked them my dad's middle name just to MAKE SURE it wasn't my cousin emailing me.. I should have disregarded the initial email and contacted her through facebook pm (I eventually did - still haven't heard back) but I wasn't sure if whoever had also hacked her facebook account nd would verify to me it was my cousin..

So, if it WAS my cousin, she wouldn't have any problems telling me my dad's middle name.. that was the clincher that it was a scam.. So, when I DO hear from her on facebook, I'm gonna hafta have her check all her accounts..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Scammers are really turning up the heat..

sstrams173January 28, 2021 05:28PM

Re: Scammers are really turning up the heat..

MamaRAMa83January 28, 2021 07:18PM

I rarely lend money but when I do, I think of what my Grandfather said

Ramgator61January 29, 2021 05:03AM

Totally agree.. Was just shocked..

sstrams75January 29, 2021 05:11AM

Re: Totally agree.. Was just shocked..

MamaRAMa74January 29, 2021 05:34AM

Gift cards should have been enough.....

roman1893January 29, 2021 06:43AM

Well, that was the point I was trying to make..

sstrams73January 29, 2021 06:58AM