Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

21Dog... and anyone interested.. Josh, collegiate football....

January 24, 2021 04:37PM
Del Hawkins was here tonight watching the game with us. He's currently coaching at Fresno City, DL. Fascinating talking to him about college recruitment... Josh's story and others.

He made a comment I thought you'd find interesting... I posted not long ago that Fresno should have gone after Josh.. you replied back something like "not so fast". laughing smiley But Del said this, "If Josh would have been a 4 star recruit AND played for Fresno St. would he be playing in this AFC Championship game today? laughing smiley That made me think.

Anyway, Del ran down a list of players currently in the NFL who played J.C. Ball.. were ignored at the J. C. level... passed over by all D1 colleges, eventually got a 'shot' but even then were mostly filler at first and not starters. The list was long... I should have written it down, I didn't. laughing smiley

His point is that the most important consideration in recruitment is NOT only 'who is good now'... but rather 'who can they be". And the route to the top doesn't necessarily go thru Alabama, (catch all for 'name' programs". - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

21Dog... and anyone interested.. Josh, collegiate football....

JamesJM141January 24, 2021 04:37PM

we've seen a number of guys come through......

21Dog65January 24, 2021 08:18PM

Re: we've seen a number of guys come through......

waterfield69January 25, 2021 10:19AM

I heard Firebaugh had quite day... and passing league.

JamesJM60January 25, 2021 11:21AM

Oops, correction...

JamesJM70January 25, 2021 11:23AM

saw the parade of vehicles on the local news last night

21Dog67January 25, 2021 11:33AM

Grandson just lost his football coach.. headed to North Carolina..

JamesJM79January 25, 2021 12:22PM

Re: Grandson just lost his football coach.. headed to North Carolina..

21Dog60January 25, 2021 02:15PM