Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That is so cool!

March 12, 2020 09:08AM
Love it, man.. love the pic, love the info and the history.. and with the shades, you were the coolest one there.. in fact, now I want shades like that..

Ok, I'm at work and have limited photos, but here's one of Damien (minus the drummer Kenny) backstage before a HUGE show in 1984..

JD White is the singer on the far left - all the clothes he's wearing belong to me... JD ended up quitting in 1985 and ended up becoming the head lighting technician for country act Sammy Kershaw, for like 8 world tours.. Amazing because he didn't know JACK about lighting in Damien.. He then went on to do several world tours with Kenny Chesney.. He currently resides in Nashville.. He got the lighting job by being in the right place at the right time and being a horse's butt.. He was backstage at Sammy Kershaw, the lighting tech QUIT right hen and there.. and JD just started ordering people around.. Sammy Kershaw's manager was so impressed by his BS that he hired him, sand experience, right on the spot..

sstrams in the middle - during my "I'm not gonna wear ANYTHING that matches" phase.. And, yes, I own all the clothes I'm wearing.. So, here's a juicy tidbit of info.. check out the striped pants.. see the spot in a sensitive area? I'm actually wearing two pairs of pants in this pic.. a black pair underneath the red/black striped pair.. So, why is there a HUGE hole in compromising location? Because a few weeks before this, I did my first ever "exploding guitar" trick.. basically setting off a flashpot explosion mounted into the neck location pickup on the guitar.. I was hardwired to an AC outlet, so JD had to set off the blast.. he did.. but not at the right time.. I ended up with second degree burns on both hands and the blast went through the guitar body and out the back jack plate burning a hug hole in black/red pants I had been wearing.. I still have those pants - hard to through away such an iconic pair of britches.. Anyways, I did two shows the next day with second degree burns on both hands.. I won't even go into wha tI had to do to be able to play them - it was BRUTAL...

Tim Stunson on the far right was the bass player.. Tim and I were good friends - and yes, all the clothes he's wearing belonged to me.. After Damien broke up, Tim got a gig in a touring band and spent 5-6 years touring the US.. during this time, an 18 wheeler plowed into their van on a highway.. the driver fell asleep and hit the band's van from behind.. Tim was in a coma for a week and had to relearn a lot of his ABC's after that.. but he did.. and then he prospered.. He got an offer to audition for national act Blackfoot (They did Train Train) and got the part playing bass.. What's funny is Tim had massive hearing loss and couldn't learn the songs to audition because he couldn't make out the bass lines.. So, I learned them for him and taught them to him.. as a thank you, he gave me a "thanks to" on the CD they recorded - I think it was the "after the reign" cd.. Anyways, Tim ended up quitting after about 6 years, or so, and lead singer Rickey Medlocke disbanded Blackfoot and joined Lynyrd Skynyrd.. You can BRIEFLY read about Tim here in wiki.. we're still good friends and he works out here on the base in another department... He went further in music than I did, but now he's a GS-5 and I'm a GS-11 lol..

[en.wikipedia.org])

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My first band, a photo, and some more information... Attachments

JamesJM172March 12, 2020 08:40AM

you look like one of your grandkids in that photo nm

21Dog61March 12, 2020 08:55AM

Don't tell me.....

JamesJM107March 12, 2020 09:20AM

That is so cool! Attachments

sstrams69March 12, 2020 09:08AM

Geez....

JamesJM79March 12, 2020 09:15AM

Yeah, Rickey Medlocke..