Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some guitarists have.....

February 04, 2020 11:28AM
Definitely taken the instrument to another level.. just crazy what some people can do with 6 strings - or 7, depending on whether you wanna tune way down or not.. But it just blows me away what some people can do - even 6 year olds cranking out Van Halen solos note for note.. makes me sick.. but, like every instrument, some people are just naturals - I'm not - I've had to fight, scratch and claw for every note I play, sometimes.. might be easier if I practiced more or we did more shows so I had to stay in practice..

Yeah, I didn't even think about the multi-note harmonies on violin - that's what I call it anyway - kinda like a two note harmony that you hear in a lot of country tunes.. whats that tune where you yell "BS" all the time? First note in that violin progression is a two-noter, if I remember correctly..

Drums.. I shoulda been a drummer.. I love the violence of playing drums.. I love the showmanship of stick twirling and stick throwing and stuff.. I probably would have been a better drummer than guitarist although I can't imagine practicing drums at full volume all day - as it is I generally practice sitting on the couch with the guitar not even plugged in.. I adjust the TV volume to that sweet spot that I can hear both TV and unplugged in electric guitar.. smiling smiley

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gotta bring the topic up again... musical instruments...

JamesJM236February 04, 2020 10:03AM

Well...

sstrams127February 04, 2020 10:21AM

Yeah, the guitar vs violin thing...

JamesJM111February 04, 2020 10:44AM

Some guitarists have.....

sstrams128February 04, 2020 11:28AM

No idea but....

SeattleRam125February 04, 2020 12:12PM

Did he actually play them?

sstrams107February 04, 2020 01:42PM

Re: Did he actually play them?