Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well...

February 04, 2020 10:21AM
I don't think violin is as hard as guitar because you've only got 4 strings and don't ever make chords.. but you do hafta play smooth as velvet with a bow and that is probably a major challenge..

I would agree piano is probably the hardest instrument to learn.. I've tried to learn it, albeit not with the gusto or amount of time I spent to learned guitar.. piano is frustrating, tho, and your hands need to work independently from each other, while on guitar they hafta work in harmony with each other..

I get what you're saying about drums.. drums are like cave diving - its not for everyone.. getting all four appendages to keep their own time/beat is quite the challenge.. to be the unspoken "leader" of the band (because everyone follows the drums, not the stupid singer) without any of the accolades, is a challenge in itself.. It takes a genius caveman mentality to be a drummer, imo.. genius in that playing complicated beats/fills while counting time takes massive amounts of gray matter and physical technique, but you also gotta BAM BAM the hell outta the drums which takes the violence of a caveman...

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Gotta bring the topic up again... musical instruments...

JamesJM235February 04, 2020 10:03AM

Well...

sstrams126February 04, 2020 10:21AM

Yeah, the guitar vs violin thing...

JamesJM110February 04, 2020 10:44AM

Some guitarists have.....

sstrams128February 04, 2020 11:28AM

No idea but....

SeattleRam125February 04, 2020 12:12PM

Did he actually play them?

sstrams107February 04, 2020 01:42PM

Re: Did he actually play them?