Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Everyone, and I mean everyone...

December 30, 2019 07:12AM
I have seen since the Holidays are over I have asked how the Holidays went and to a tee everyone has said 'I'm glad it's over"...Too me that's so odd....I know about the crap of gift finding, the lines of people everywhere...I see the tenseness, angst in all that goes into the shopping/buying deal.

For me I kinda like the time of year, I'm Jewish, Mary is Catholic..her family is huge, but overseas, my family is very small and in the next town (have some in CA, couple in FLA, but my closest family is right down the road. For Mary it's about getting a taste of a different religion and for sure different foods...but of course getting calls overseas are no where near the actual greetings face to face.

That said it seems to me you would relish this time, not be glad it's over.....guess I'm wired weird.....The good thing for me I guess is as I grow older all the Holidays seem just a week from finishing and coming around again.....I also don't get out in the mess of buying, shoving, pushing in the stores. I sit back and enjoy the drink, food, lights, friends and I do miss when it's over.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Everyone, and I mean everyone...

roman18118December 30, 2019 07:12AM

As I've gotten older..

sstrams60December 30, 2019 07:39AM

I really dig thinking out gifts for people....

roman1870December 30, 2019 08:20AM

Yeah, I hate gift cards......

sstrams69December 30, 2019 08:30AM

My Mom, rest her soul....

Ramgator86December 30, 2019 07:47AM

Mom also used to remind us....

Ramgator79December 30, 2019 08:00AM

I get that..

sstrams127December 30, 2019 08:19AM