Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, to the horror of my grandkids....

March 20, 2024 11:47AM
I google'd, (actually I don't use google but another search engine), for the most comfortable shoes one can wear. And I did so with full knowledge that I would not find an honest review on the web but rather what someone could make some money on by pushing a product. But with no where else to go... I searched.

If memory serves I got a list of 5 shoes... rated in order. The top choice according to their list? Sketchers. I bought them. Why not? Unless I was willing to test wear every shoe made in the world my google list was my only option.

They arrived and I put them on. They were ok. I don't know if they were the most comfortable shoes made, (how could I know that?), but they were comfortable. I should note here: I do not have problems with my feet..... NONE... I don't need arch support for example.

I was at a football game, (I'm always at football games), when I heard it - "Oh my God Papa is wearing Sketchers".... I was completely unaware that Sketchers were social anathema.... at least according to 'youth'. Blessed with near total apathy regarding fashion trends and 'name' brands this didn't bother me in the least. They were comfortable... end of story.

Lo and Behold.... I was ahead of my time! Sketchers have now risen from the dung heap of 'cood duds' and are now accepted by the fashion conscious among us. They are now 'cool' to wear. But... being a pioneer, bold and forward thinking.... I have moved on from Sketchers.

I'm now wearing "New Balance Fresh Foam". Gotta warn you here... New Balance has a gajillion models of "Fresh Foam" shoes.... the version I wear are the ugliest ones... with a sole as thick as top notch Filet Mignon. In your case, Gator, they'd put you over 8' tall.

New Balance Fresh Foam, (some companies are now copying them.... like Hoka), ARE..... I can honestly profess.... the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. In fact:

I have two pair... and want a third, maybe a 4th and 5th so I never run out of them. I've been waiting for the price to come down.... but it ain't happening crying smiley UNLESS.... you want to settle for a pair in colors so gaudy you'll look like a clown threw up on your feet. Black, White, Gray, the standards are still premium priced.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone else wear Skecher shoes?? I LOVE them BUT...

Ramgator83March 20, 2024 11:23AM

Re: Anyone else wear Skecher shoes?? I LOVE them BUT...

MamaRAMa31March 20, 2024 11:43AM

What kills me is just how cheap they are made. When I was a kid in the 70s..

Ramgator27March 20, 2024 01:20PM

When minimum wage was 2 dollars?

ScRAM25March 24, 2024 12:47AM

Yeah. Everything was less when pay was less. My point is.....

Ramgator25March 24, 2024 02:53AM

Yes, to the horror of my grandkids....

JamesJM35March 20, 2024 11:47AM

I had 3 pair I wore to work so I cou,d semi dress up a bit..

sstrams28March 20, 2024 03:13PM