Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ever been stuck on the roof of your house?? LOL

November 17, 2023 11:09AM
This morning started with a sign for the rest of the day.....I started my big yard clean up for lights (Tomorrow) by climbing on the roof to blow off pine needles. Went very smooth till I went back across the roof to go down and.........NO LADDER! I had pulled the cord to the blower just right and it grabbed and pulled it over. OF COURSE, there was not a single neighbor outside. Sooooo, I went to the back porch roof which is the lowest part but still too high for a 56 year old. I sat on the edge, thinking about it for 5-10 minutes. I thought about "Parachute Landing Fall" training from my parachuting days. I said to myself.....Ya know??? You used to RUN off your friend's house just for fun when you were 10!!! Soooo, I decided to do something as risky but I thought might be easier....I hung down slowly on the side of our house where the fence is. SO glad my legs are long because I baaaaaaarely reached the fence. I was afraid I'd slip n fall, land on the spikes on the chain link and THEN hit the patio concrete. But luckily, I made it down.

After that, yard work was a FRIGGEN PITA!! My weed eater started acting up and I broke my hedge trimmers. Then it started raining after I had dirt all over the drive way from edging. What I thought would be 3-4 hours turned to 6. Needless to say, I did not start the lights today.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ever been stuck on the roof of your house?? LOL

Ramgator82November 17, 2023 11:09AM

uhhhh last week

ferragamo7946November 17, 2023 01:29PM

I found it funny..As I sat on the roof and THOUGHT about jumping.....

Ramgator41November 18, 2023 11:22AM

God was with me yesterday...

JamesJM48November 18, 2023 01:09PM

Dirty Harry said it best........

21Dog40November 18, 2023 02:16PM

HA! I'm always reminding myself with that quote! nm

Ramgator30November 19, 2023 02:58AM