Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I recently bought this:

November 01, 2023 08:55AM
Speaking of energy and stamina... I usually prepare Christmas dinner for my family every year... 5 adults and 1 child. I'm sure I don't go all out like a lot of families do, but it's not bad. I do ALL the buying, cooking and cleanup. My kids do nothing and it's not cause I won't let them. Neither of them cook and they don't want to learn. They are perfectly content to allow me to be the Christmas mule. They never contribute anything. It's all on me. Last year I told them that 2022 might be the last year for me to do this. It's a lot of work, a lot of time, and a lot of money. They laughed and said, "oh, mom... you've got at least 4 or 5 more years of Christmas dinners left in ya!". I beg to differ.

Something has happened to my appetite this year. I can NOT eat like I used to. I have a lot of bloating and gas problems which I think are related to a very large hernia that cropped up after my radical cystectomy (bladder removal). It's affected my digestion. I'm pretty sure this is what's going on. My doctors don't want to surgically correct the hernia because 1) surgery is not a permanent or guaranteed correction and the hernia can come back and 2) surgery could complicate the radical cystectomy I had for my bladder cancer and actually force a 2nd surgery to relocate my stoma. They have repeatedly told me to leave things be. I get full on about 1/2 plate of food and can no longer eat the quantities of food I used to. Every now and then I overdo it and I absolutely suffer. I've spent a lot of nights... ALL night... writhing, praying for relief, drinking peppermint tea (which really does help) in absolute misery. Because my eating habits have changed, I've lost quite a bit of weight (it ain't like I didn't have it to lose, trust me). Anyhow, my point is... I don't feel like going to the expense and trouble of providing Christmas dinner, when I don't get a whole lot of enjoyment from eating the food.

Frank thinks I should skip making Christmas dinner and tell them to make their own plans. He's watched me have these "episodes" so he has seen for himself what I go through. It's not fun. Anyhow, not sure yet what I'm gonna do, but I'm seriously considering not doing the Christmas dinner thing this year.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm itching to put up my Christmas lights!

Ramgator89November 01, 2023 03:18AM

Re: I'm itching to put up my Christmas lights!

MamaRAMa63November 01, 2023 04:36AM

I know what you mean. Each year, it takes me longer n longer.

Ramgator50November 01, 2023 07:16AM

I recently bought this: Attachments

JamesJM63November 01, 2023 08:26AM

Re: I recently bought this:

MamaRAMa55November 01, 2023 08:55AM

Geez, Mama... sorry to read that....

JamesJM57November 01, 2023 09:07AM

Re: I'm itching to put up my Christmas lights!

IowaRam49November 01, 2023 02:22PM

today cut all the trees around my roofline - played it safe

ferragamo7945November 02, 2023 05:03PM

Sounds like me! Did my house pressure washing last week.....

Ramgator37November 05, 2023 03:48AM

I just did the same... or what I mean is....

JamesJM33November 05, 2023 04:22AM

Re: played it safe...... Pretty smart

Rams_7835November 05, 2023 12:23PM

I always find it funny...The neighbors who give me the grief about early lights...

Ramgator37November 05, 2023 03:51AM