Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scotty and the Gorn

August 11, 2023 02:30PM
this post will contain spoilers , if you don't watch the show , it probably doesnt matter

but first

I get into this conversation all the time , and not just about Star Trek , but other shows that have been around for a long time , about staying in continuity , or canon , or whatever you want to call it , but I don't care about it as much as some , yes , I care some , but some people are just plain nuts ...................lol

I always start out by saying , if you can believe a TV show , and this goes back to the original seairs , but if you can believe that a Star Ship with hundreds of lives on it , is going to send their Captain , thier 1st Officer / Science officer , thier Chief Engineer , thier Chief Medical officer , their Communications Officer , thier Helm officer and their navigator all down to a unknown planet , all at the same time

well .............

I can now believe the Gorn have tails....................lol

but yea , , when people start complaining about this and that , I'm just going to stop you right there and put you on mute ........................lol

if you have no problem with them sending all their main offiers down at the same , then everything thing else is also believeable....................lol

oh yea , they usually send this other guy in red shirt with them , but I can[t remeber his name

ok , now for the spoilers ........

Scotty finally shows up , just a young Scottish Lad , still just a Lieutenant JG , not yet asigned to the Enterprise , and we also get our first look at an adult Gorn , we saw younglings in season one , but this is our first look at an adult , although he's wearing a space suit and helmet , yes , they've been update a bit , and I have no problem with the new look , even the tail..........................lol

one cool thing about these new Gorn , their not CGI , thats actually a guy in a suit with a animatronics head , guys in a rubber suits have come a long way since William Shatner's days .....................lol

the cool thing about this scene , not only is this a guy in a 100 lbs suit , he's also being suspened by wire at the same time

I thought the guy who plays Scotty did a pretty good job , he's actually in the episode more , so this is just a small sample

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Star Trek : Strange New Worlds , Season 2 , Episode 5

IowaRam446July 14, 2023 01:15PM

Spock meets James T Kirk for the first time

IowaRam109July 21, 2023 03:10PM

where is this being shown

ferragamo7976July 21, 2023 04:10PM

Paramount +

IowaRam83July 21, 2023 04:58PM

Ethan Peck as Mr Spock

IowaRam79July 21, 2023 05:04PM

gonna check that out

ferragamo7954July 22, 2023 03:31PM

Watched the Strange New Worlds / Lower Decks cross over episode Attachments

IowaRam68July 23, 2023 06:33AM

The Kirk Brothers

IowaRam63July 24, 2023 01:45PM

Clint Howard returns to Star Trek Attachments

IowaRam74July 28, 2023 01:19PM

O.M.G.!!! Takes me back to an AWESOME memory of my Brother!!

Ramgator66July 28, 2023 03:15PM

Check this out!!! CLASSIC!! From Shatner Roast.

Ramgator66July 28, 2023 03:17PM

Scotty and the Gorn

IowaRam59August 11, 2023 02:30PM