Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: we just switched to the Direct streaming service

July 07, 2023 04:34PM
For the most part we like the DirecTV streaming service. But there are a few things I absolute HATE about recording shows on DirecTV Streaming:

1) you can NOT start recording after a show has started and get the whole show on the DVR (we could do this on Uverse). This is probably the one things that bugs me the most. There are times when a news segment will come on and I want to record it so Frank can watch it. Well, I don't know that I want to record the story until it's actually on and they're talking about it. With Uverse, if the news show started at 10 pm and the story that interested me came on at 10:18, if I hit RECORD, the recording would actually start at 10 pm and would stop whenever I hit STOP RECORDING. DirecTV Stream doesn't have anything close to the ability of doing this.
2) you can't pull up a show and then see other possible recording times for that show
3. you can't add additional time to a recording (i.e., if a football game goes into OT, you can't add another 30 minutes to the recording time)
4. you can't designate record only first-run episodes versus re-runs when recording a series

if a show is on "pause" for too long, DirecTV kicks you out of the program

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFL Network

MamaRAMa168July 07, 2023 05:58AM

Congratulations!

JamesJM75July 07, 2023 06:12AM

Re: Congratulations!

MamaRAMa73July 07, 2023 07:51PM

No additional cost

LesBaker79July 07, 2023 09:26AM

we just switched to the Direct streaming service

21Dog86July 07, 2023 03:56PM