Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ever grant yourself a pig out day?

June 27, 2023 09:18AM
I do. Not very often... perhaps once a year? Couple of days ago I threw caution to the wind and pigged out. And being a man of impeccably good taste I chose In & Out to do it.

I got a Double Double with fries. I was with my grandson and he had the same. So we're eating in my pickup and he asked me, "How many of these do you think Max can eat"?

Max is my grandson's friend AND teammate. They're both playing for Fresno City College this coming season. Max is a DE... about 6' 3" and maybe 250lbs? So anyway the answer was - - - <drum roll> 5. 5 Double Doubles. I was in awe. I did not finish my 1.

I couldn't compete with Max in an In & Out Double Double eating contest.... I admit it... no chance. BUT, that's burgers.... what about oatmeal cookies?

I have always prided myself at being the Oatmeal Cookie eating champion of the world. In year's past this was my pig out food of choice. You're dying to know how many, right?

I couldn't find a photo of the brand I usually get but this is about the same:

I'm guessing 40 cookies to a package. On pig out day I get a half gallon of iced cold milk and sit down with a package of oatmeal cookies. I dunk them... which is an "Art"... you have to dunk a precise amount of time to soak them to perfection... too little and the milk won't penetrate.. too much time and cookie crumbles into your glass of milk.

So how many are you guessing I eat at one sitting? Nah, you don't have to answer that because I know what you'll say - "The whole package"... but that answer would be wrong.

I can't be precise but I believe my 'record' is one whole package plus another row, or 10 cookies. Oh, and I'll nearly finish the half gallon of milk.

So ok, I have to be honest. I have not done that, (pigged out on oatmeal cookies), in many years. I'm sure that today I couldn't come close.... BUT... I think I probably could polish off half a package? That sound like boastful exaggeration? I don't think so... I believe I could eat half a package, with milk of course.

Any time you want to challenge me I'm game... bring it on.

And by the way... oatmeal cookies are not the ONLY food item I occasionally pig out on. There are others.. Banana Pudding is high on my list for pig out day. So are Nachos.

How about you? Got a food item you occasionally overdo? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ever grant yourself a pig out day? Attachments

JamesJM133June 27, 2023 09:18AM

Not lately..

sstrams59June 27, 2023 10:06AM

Re: Ever grant yourself a pig out day?

SeattleRam59June 27, 2023 08:27PM

Re: Ever grant yourself a pig out day?

MamaRAMa69June 28, 2023 06:55AM

Yup, Seattle nailed that one...

JamesJM80June 28, 2023 07:15AM