Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: He's got a regular website..

April 27, 2023 08:51AM
When he built mine, I just had 3-4 ideas of what I wanted, and even then I wasn't exactly sure how to execute them. He came up with good ideas of how to incorporate them, and otherwise did what I told him I wanted, as well as suggesting things I'd have never thought of. There were a few details where I would say, what do you think of doing this? And he might say that won't look good, or this would work better. He always turned out to be right. Being able to draw your own ideas out and having a creative mind would help tremendously. He'll do whatever you want, or he will suggest ideas and improvements.

The process of working with him was almost as much fun as the finished product. He sends pictures of ideas, and pictures of progress through out the build and communication is great. He does small jobs too, doesn't have to build an entire guitar. He'll make a custom adjustment rod cover, or just do an inlay on a fretboard or headstock, or embellishments. He does inlays on parts like fretboards, etc. for other guitar builders, too.

He had a section on his website for a while for Custom Guitars, and featured the Hula Girl guitar, but it got changed to the current version a few months ago. It's not terribly up to date, he has added a couple of models that aren't shown. He might cycle through a couple or three website designs, I've never asked him about that but it's possible it might show up there again someday. He posts a lot on Instagram and some on FaceBook of his latest work. It's some gorgeous stuff....

Aries
~Sign of the Rams
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

sstrams, I know acoustics aren't your thing but....

Aries115April 27, 2023 07:12AM

Wow!

sstrams60April 27, 2023 07:36AM

Re: Wow!

Aries66April 27, 2023 08:08AM

He's got a regular website..

sstrams59April 27, 2023 08:27AM

Re: He's got a regular website..

Aries55April 27, 2023 08:51AM

That does sound like fun..

sstrams50April 27, 2023 09:18AM

This is only semi-related to your post...

JamesJM54April 27, 2023 09:37AM

That's pretty cool.. Speaking of pretty cool..

sstrams44April 27, 2023 10:22AM