Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My cure for everything....

April 13, 2023 11:09AM
Coming to the end of a stressful week. Don't worry... won't go into it. I will go into the 'cure'.

Know "Trader Joe's"?... not sure if they're nationwide or not. Anyway... visited Joe yesterday. Was there for a 'snack' (still on my diet)... but was tempted.

Saw a two pack of fresh baked doughnuts. Stood in front of them for a long while with the devil on my left shoulder and an angel on my right doing battle - - - "Buy them" "Don't do it JameJM" "You've earned it James BUY THEM" "You'll regret it JamesJM'.

I put them in my shopping basket.... still undecided but you know... just in case.

Was on my way to the checkout when I looked up and saw it.... what goes better with doughnuts? Scotch, of course...

But not just any Scotch... this was a bottle of 12yr Old McCallan. Single Malt, Speyside.

The Devil "Oh JamesJM, after the week you had don't even THINK of passing this up" The Angel, "James James James.... use your head, be strong"

What to do? What to do?

So anyway... they were delicious. Both. Ate both doughnuts... stopped at one Scotch... for a short while anyway, then had a second. I thought to myself, "this can't actually be this good, can it?".... had a third... it was.

If you know of a better way to end a stressful week lets hear it... I don't think you can do it. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My cure for everything....

JamesJM169April 13, 2023 11:09AM

NO doughnut talk allowed!!!!!

Ramgator61April 13, 2023 11:55AM

Re: My cure for everything....

IowaRam67April 13, 2023 12:55PM

I don't know Iowa... disappointed in you...

JamesJM62April 13, 2023 01:37PM

I've done the Scotch one few times

IowaRam64April 13, 2023 01:45PM

Re: My cure for everything....

SeattleRam72April 13, 2023 07:59PM

I've ALWAYS called doughnuts...

sstrams62April 14, 2023 07:55AM