Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I think we are losing movies on a few fronts.

April 13, 2023 04:26AM
Hollywood has run out of ideas. DVDs are harder n harder to find. Like you said, there are movies that are impossible to find . In today's "MODERN" era, you'd think that'd be impossible. EVERY time there's a new and better way to be entertained, fleecing finds its way in. Cable TV USED to be a very fair deal with almost zero commercials. These days, it's a disgusting fleece that is nothing but commercials (TOTALLY against the original concept of Cable TV) Even going to a Movie Theater has turned into a freaking commercial fest before the main attraction. Which takes me to theaters...... Overpriced.....period. Too much $$$ to see the saaaaaaaaaame themes (178 Marvel flicks a year). YES, those movies, along with the 214 Fast n Furious flicks are making money. But overall, people are staying away from Theaters. Top Gun Maverick was the most I have seen in a theater in 10+ years. We have a side issue here in the Jacksonville area....Too many punks hanging around Theaters. Especially the one by a local Mall.

I'm glad that around 20 years ago, I started buying DVDs of my very favorite movies. Just about EVERY flick I call a favorite, I own it. Classic TV shows too.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we losing movies?

SeattleRam127April 12, 2023 07:51PM

I think we are losing movies on a few fronts.

Ramgator59April 13, 2023 04:26AM

I haven't bought a DVD / bluray disk in probably 5 years

IowaRam46April 13, 2023 01:02PM

Well.... not that I would do anything illegal....

JamesJM59April 13, 2023 01:35PM