Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are we losing movies?

April 12, 2023 07:51PM
So when VHS came out I think just about every movie ever made was released on VHS at some point. However when DVD's became the media of choice only the movies that had sold well on VHS were put out on DVD. Many movies never made the jump, you can still find some of them on Amazon on VHS but there are no DVD's copies anywhere. Now everything is moving to Digital, and even more movies are being left behind.

A movie in point is a film I always enjoyed called The Thief Who Came to Dinner (1973), it stars Ryan O'Neal, Jacqueline Bisset, Warren Oates, and Ned Beatty. Hadn't seen it in years and went looking for it online. Well it isn't online, anywhere and the only DVD's you can find on amazon are from Spain and non usa format. So I guess its about to become lost forever? There are many films like this one I've went looking for that are now just gone? It really makes me sad.

As a side question how many digital moves have you bought if any? I bought about a dozen myself, ones that I don't have on DVD and I'm afraid they are going to vanish forever.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Are we losing movies?

SeattleRam127April 12, 2023 07:51PM

I think we are losing movies on a few fronts.

Ramgator60April 13, 2023 04:26AM

I haven't bought a DVD / bluray disk in probably 5 years

IowaRam47April 13, 2023 01:02PM

Well.... not that I would do anything illegal....

JamesJM60April 13, 2023 01:35PM