Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay finally has to deal with Adversity

January 08, 2023 10:21AM
McVay for the first time as a head coach has to deal with adversity. He has been the wonder boy ever since he took over and his success has covered up any mistakes he made along the way.

Certainly the injuries that wiped out the offensive line are not his fault and those injuries were so bad it is doubtful any coach could overcome those and still prosper. But the failures of the Rams this season cannot just all be blamed on the offensive line injuries. There are numerous decisions that were made that are questionable that wouldn't be a big deal if we were winning.

The offense failed to make adjustments, failed to integrate Robinson, overlooked Tutu when desperately in need of a deep threat, mishandled Akers, had questionable coaching additions at OC & RB. Also having a 2nd TE or overlooking Hopkins.

There is a bunch of stuff on the offense that doesn't look to good when you start looking that is more than just the offensive line injuries.

Defense has played much better than the offense but only around league average. They never figured out how to get consistent pressure on the QB and had injuries in the defensive backfield. The defensive scheme is maddening to watch but may be the best that can be expected with inexperienced DB's and the lack of a pass rush.

McVay doesn't seem like the type of guy that would quit because of adversity or a guy that doesn't own up to his mistakes. In fact I think he embraces his mistakes so he can learn from them. I make take that back if he quits and I think he would be failing to live up to the leadership example that he believes in and has set for himself.

But I guess I would get it if he wanted to take a TV Gig probably making $20Mil per year and having more time with the wife and starting a family. I just think he might be quitting on himself if he does that.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some thoughts on the McVay rumors, and some are pretty ‘dark’…

Rams43361January 08, 2023 07:04AM

Re: Some thoughts on the McVay rumors, and some are pretty ‘dark’…

Ekern5589January 08, 2023 08:20AM

Whatever McVay decides, he better do it pdq…

Rams4378January 08, 2023 09:14AM

Just seems like everything points to him staying

Ram_Ruler71January 08, 2023 09:43AM

Re: Just seems like everything points to him staying

MamaRAMa72January 08, 2023 09:43AM

1 Comment yesterday gave me concern about him staying

stlramz58January 08, 2023 09:51AM

Rams4341January 08, 2023 10:15AM

Rampage2K-62January 08, 2023 10:18AM