Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Liam Coen still undecided on whether he'll leave Rams for Kentucky

January 05, 2023 09:38AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Liam Coen still undecided on whether he'll leave Rams for Kentucky

Cameron DaSilva
January 5, 2023 11:26 am PT
It was reported by ESPN’s Chris Mortensen at the beginning of December that Liam Coen is headed back to Kentucky to be their offensive coordinator, leaving the Rams for the second time in three years. However, with the NFL season still ongoing, Coen hasn’t yet decided what his future holds.

He told reporters on Thursday that he’s still thinking things over and will decide whether he’ll take the Kentucky job shortly after the Rams’ season ends on Sunday afternoon in Seattle.

“Have not made a decision quite yet,” Coen said. “The focus has obviously been to truly put everything into this and this opportunity to be around these guys. There’s so many of these guys that I’m not only coaching them – or they’re players – I’m close with them as friends and also the staff. Gonna take the next couple days after the game to think it through, talk through with my family, my wife Ashley and make a decision that’s best for us. Never easy, but that’s kind of this world. You get opportunities you have to weigh and decide the pros and cons, make your list and figure out what’s best for you and your family. But the focus is here for sure, and we’ll definitely come up with that in the next few days.”

Coen joined the Rams’ staff in 2018 as an assistant wide receivers coach before transitioning into a role as the quarterbacks coach in 2020. He then left to become Kentucky’s offensive coordinator in 2021, spending one year in Lexington before returning to the Rams in 2022.

The Rams lost their offensive coordinator last offseason when Kevin O’Connell became the Vikings’ head coach, so Sean McVay has become used to filling this role. If Coen leaves again, McVay will have another void to fill in 2023.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Liam Coen still undecided on whether he'll leave Rams for Kentucky

BerendsenRam225January 05, 2023 09:38AM

The Coen results as OC gave been disappointing…

Rams43148January 05, 2023 09:49AM

Re: The Coen results as OC gave been disappointing…

BerendsenRam85January 05, 2023 10:12AM

303099January 05, 2023 10:50AM

BerendsenRam161January 06, 2023 08:02AM

David Deacon133January 06, 2023 08:44AM

BerendsenRam42January 06, 2023 01:48PM

Re: Liam Coen still undecided on whether he'll leave Rams for Kentucky

farley66January 06, 2023 09:59AM