Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Listened to Jourdans latest podcast and it always comes down to 2 things..

January 05, 2023 08:00AM
Ramsdude
dodgerram
if you want to win in the NFL:

Protect your own QB and rush the opposing QB.

Therefore draft edge and o-line high.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always heard if you wanted to win in the NFL the 2 things were being able to run the ball and being able to stop the run. Especially in the playoffs.

I have a feeling there might be more than 2 things that are needed to win in the NFL but THE main thing that will guarantee a win in the NFL is to score more points than the other team! beer cheer smiley

Marty Schottenheimer was a big believer in this philosophy. The Chiefs were a very physical team when he was HC. They were very successful running and stopping the run during his tenure. He also emphasized great ST's. Through my observations following that team during his tenure, I would say that philosophy will get you into the playoffs. I do think it takes playmakers to push you to the top. That's where the Chiefs always fell short . They had Joe Montana, Marcus Allen late in their careers, but they never had the WR's or TE's that would come up with those great plays either.

I think the Rams won last year because they were able to run, stop the run efficiently and had the playmakers that took them over the top. I think we can also include a great edge rusher as a playmaker too.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentations of their women.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Listened to Jourdans latest podcast and it always comes down to 2 things..

dodgerram407January 05, 2023 03:22AM

Ramsdude129January 05, 2023 03:27AM

dodgerram183January 05, 2023 03:30AM

It sure is dodger!

Ramsdude120January 05, 2023 03:41AM

I think you're right

Ram_Ruler52January 05, 2023 04:10AM

Re: I think you're right

SoCalRAMatic102January 05, 2023 04:16AM

Re: I think you're right

Ram_Ruler49January 05, 2023 05:25AM

Old Goat99January 05, 2023 04:02AM

Ramstien138January 05, 2023 04:04AM

six2stack96January 05, 2023 08:00AM