Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Will Cam Akers lead Rams through battle for LA?

December 29, 2022 12:43PM
[www.turfshowtimes.com] Will Cam Akers lead Rams through battle for LA?
The resurgent running back will face off against the Chargers’ bottom-five run defense

By JB Scott Dec 29, 2022, 3:01pm CST
Denver Broncos v Los Angeles Rams
Photo by Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Getty Images
The “Battle for LA” between the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers set for the final weeks of the regular season sure seemed to pack more of a punch in September than it does right now. The Rams have collapsed amidst offensive line injuries and woes, which ultimately led to injuries and woes across the entire offense - including franchise QB Matthew Stafford. The Chargers seemed primed at the end of November for their classic late season slide, but Brandon Staley was able to rally his team and clinch a playoff berth last week with a win over the Indianapolis Colts.

The Battle for LA is now just a game of bragging rights and pride, but that is all still worth fighting for. Both the Rams and Chargers are still fairly new to the LA market, and they constantly jostle for position and expanded fan bases.

Sunday’s game will embody the efforts each team has made over the last four or five years.

Kenneth Arthur & JB Scott discuss what’s at stake in this game on this installment of Turf Show Times: The Podcast. Cam Akers is primed for a big game against the Chargers’ bottom-five run defense unit, and his resurgence over the last month could solidify him as the starter heading into 2023. Can Akers lift his team and help take down the playoff-bound Chargers?

We also assess Baker Mayfield’s value ahead of his pending free agency at season’s end. While Mayfield will have suitors for a starting role, his best fit may be with the Rams. If Mayfield moves on, LA probably cannot trust Matthew Stafford to hold up for 17 games plus up to another 4 in the post-season - they must prepare for life without and after their franchise quarterback.

Why not look at a similar reclamation project to Mayfield for the next guy - Zach Wilson of the New York Jets?

Rams-Chargers

Will Rams score 51 points again?

Baker Mayfield’s 2023: Expectations

Should more QBs refuse to go to bad franchises?

How the Chargers stack up in AFC playoffs

Justin Herbert: Overrated?

Can the Rams sack and disrupt Herbert?

Cam Akers against a bottom-5 run defense

Has Gerald Everett been a loss for Rams?

Which Chargers player would you steal for the Rams?

Final thoughts
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will Cam Akers lead Rams through battle for LA?

BerendsenRam171December 29, 2022 12:43PM

Re: Will Cam Akers lead Rams through battle for LA?

Old Goat191December 29, 2022 03:11PM

BerendsenRam74December 29, 2022 04:43PM

dodgerram53December 30, 2022 03:13AM

LOL I love how Akers has become the greatest of all time

ferragamo79133December 29, 2022 03:29PM

Not according to Mcvay

Ram_Ruler85December 29, 2022 05:13PM

As a backup yes

Ram4life139December 30, 2022 08:41AM

Re: LOL I love how Akers has become the greatest of all time

Rampage2K-90December 29, 2022 05:40PM

BerendsenRam74December 29, 2022 05:59PM