Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oldnotdead with a few thoughts on the Mayfield acquisition…

December 10, 2022 07:29AM
Here’s Oldnotdead….

I really think the odds of Stafford retiring in January is better than even. I think Baker being here makes it easier for Matt, no guilt about leaving his team in a lurch. Realistically what has he got left to prove? He got his ring, which he more than deserved. Time for him to think of his family now. Realistically he really only has two more years beyond this year. AD will retire in 2024. This whole roster will flip in 2025.

No, I think Stafford finds he can make more money in the booth and he can be happy as a husband and father. With Baker here in LA I think he will see his time as done. They will have to get creative with a contract for Baker because if Stafford does retire even if they split his dead cap over 2 years they will be on the hook next year for more than he would have gotten paid. His dead cap will really hurt. But there are about 16 UFA next year with only about 7 projecting as priority extensions. A'Shawn Robinson & Troy Hill should clear enough to sign Baker as a starter. He would likely sign a 3 year deal (2 years by structure) as a prove it contract which will get them through the time needed to clear Stafford off the books.

Baker is no dummy he knew coming out here that the odds were good if he stayed he'd be the heir apparent on a winning organization and a good team. After seeing him in action, he's a mid-tier one QB. Definitely good enough, let's face it, he carried the team on Thursday night so just imagine if he didn't have to.

Yep Baker could be the cure for the Stafford retirement blues. Gotta laugh at the rest of the NFL. The Rams went all in last year with OBJ, Miller, and Stafford and it worked to win a Super Bowl. Now they have a potential franchise QB fall into their laps at no cost. LMFAO

This allows them to wheel and deal to get an elite edge to pick up the slack when AD retires. Yeah, who says it isn't sustainable as long as you have an open mind and are a good judge of talent. If Baker does pan out it will kick the SB window wide open....assuming he validates what he showed on Thursday night. IMO there is no reason to think he won't. Right now Caroline and Cleveland are kicking themselves. It's the difference between good organizations and losers.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oldnotdead with a few thoughts on the Mayfield acquisition…

Rams43306December 10, 2022 07:29AM

I just can't go there after 1 game

OzRam127December 10, 2022 07:45PM

Re: I just can't go there after 1 game

BeachBoy183December 10, 2022 07:52PM

Well, there comes a point when....

JamesJM187December 10, 2022 07:55PM

Ramstien61December 11, 2022 03:31AM

MamaRAMa56December 11, 2022 06:57AM