Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams are leaning toward having Baker Mayfield active Thursday night

December 07, 2022 12:45PM

link

The Rams claimed Baker Mayfield off waivers Tuesday, and he arrived at the team facility about 14 hours ago.

“I’ll lean toward him being active,” McVay said.

He acknowledged it would be “unprecedented” for a quarterback to be ready to play so soon, but believes Mayfield can do it.

“He’s a really sharp, smart, cerebral player that has a great competitiveness to him that you can’t help but like,” McVay said, via Greg Beacham of the Associated Press.

The Rams might not have a choice.

Backup John Wolford, who has started two of the three games Matthew Stafford has missed, is questionable with a neck injury. He was limited in the team’s walkthrough Wednesday.

Third-stringer Bryce Perkins started Week 12 with Stafford out and Wolford’s neck injury keeping him on the sideline as the emergency backup.

The Rams were the only team to put in a waiver claim on Mayfield, who the Panthers released Monday.

“When you have a player of his caliber become available and you look at just the circumstances and the situation surrounding our quarterback room, we felt like it was the right move for us,” McVay said, via Gilbert Manzano of the Orange County Register. “I’ve always respected his game.”

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude225December 07, 2022 12:45PM

Re: Rams are leaning toward having Baker Mayfield active Thursday night

Ramstien73December 07, 2022 01:03PM

Not so difficult

NewMexicoRam157December 07, 2022 01:24PM

LOL and.....

Arkansas Ram94December 07, 2022 03:01PM

Re: Rams are leaning toward having Baker Mayfield active Thursday night

Old Goat116December 07, 2022 01:41PM

Might just be as an emergency QB