Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 12 ... Hawks

December 07, 2022 08:22AM
Easier to get a feel for the players when they play for pride. It's kinda how I started doing these, back in the Spagnuolo era I believe.

And hats off this year to Geno Smith. I really didn't like him coming out but he's turned into a good QB. There aren't many late bloomers at that position that stick with it (Rich Gannon comes to mind) so kudos.

The Great

1) Being competitive with a patchwork O line and without AD.

2) I'm glad they finally listened to me about Powell. * I mean, I guess I understand ... it's not like he was returning punts and making magic happen for two years.

3) Hoecht playing rOLB and being more productive than the others combined. * I mean, who could have figured that a height weight speed freak athlete with solid 3 cone #s could play that position.

4) Wagner having a day.

The Good

5) Durant sighting.

6) Tutu being dependable on jets and intermediate routes.

7) The fake pitch Powell inside handoff is cool.

8) Akers is running hard. What I think changed recently is his balance through contact. I don't think he's 100% back to where he was (and he may never be), but he seems to be making up for it in other ways.

9) Signing Baker Mayfield. Innnnnteresting.

10) Still drafting high. Yes I would prefer winning, but I'm definitely a silver linings guy. Anything 34-39 can reach into the first round or at least to 33 to grab the best player who slipped.

The Bad

11) The short throws on deep balls physically hurt.

12) Seemed like we should have run more.

13) Allowing another game winning drive.

14) Lack of TE involvement.

15) Man, 370 yards passing?

16) That it took this long to get Tutu and Powell involved, and that no one thought to try Hoecht at OLB until now. That's the thing the Patriots have that I don't know that anyone else does ... the ability to not pidgeon hole a player into any one role.

College

17) Looked at Walter's mock ... they don't have Gibbs or Mayer going until after we pick. They have us taking an edge. Charbonnet doesn't go in the top 2 frames and Mayer was the only TE.

18) I lost a lot of recorded games due to technical malfunction, so there are five times as many teams that I just will not have seen and will have to trust the postseason on some players.

19) The Bowl games look pretty good, and I think they got the right top 4.

20) I'm willing to trade down in round 3 to pick up a 4 or early 5. The bulk of the talent seems like it will go off the board between pick 70 and 125.

21) I keep looking at the RB talent and it keeps getting deeper. The odds of my wanting a RB early keep going down.

22) How far does Hooker's injury make him fall? How much will Penix Jr. climb? Penix and Hooker are both starters in this league IMO. If we don't keep Baker I'm on the hunt. That said, the draft should be rich in talent next year as well for draft and redshirt behind Stafford possibilities.

Alrighty that's it. Questions and comments welcome.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 12 ... Hawks

alyoshamucci366December 07, 2022 08:22AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 12 ... Hawks

Rams4390December 07, 2022 09:37AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 12 ... Hawks

BerendsenRam98December 07, 2022 09:59AM

Keylon Stokes WR, Tulsa?

3030112December 07, 2022 10:01AM

Re: Keylon Stokes WR, Tulsa?

alyoshamucci97December 07, 2022 10:11AM

Penix returning to WA for senior year

azramfan221December 07, 2022 10:43AM

Re: Penix returning to WA for senior year

alyoshamucci138December 07, 2022 01:40PM

Man. If Mayer is sitting there and the Rams don't take him.....

NewMexicoRam81December 07, 2022 01:54PM

Re: Man. If Mayer is sitting there and the Rams don't take him.....

alyoshamucci78December 07, 2022 02:17PM