November 11, 2022 05:15AM
mtramfan
There is nothing wrong with Stafford's arm strength on deep passes that are overthrown when he doesn't have time to set.

When he had time his pass that bounced off of Jefferson was just fine. I don't recall the extreme wobble that you do. Pass was good enough; you can't blame VJ's drop on the ball Stafford threw. Watch ANY QB's passes. NONE of them throw perfect spirals all the time. Hurry the throw, and most likely it'll wobble. The receivers catch them, or should. And what about the TD to Kupp? Another bad pass?

If the arm strength is there on the long passes, what is your case for inferring that it isn't there on shorter passes? Shot arm = consistently weak passes, cf. Peyton's last Superbowl. Every pass thrown was weak, fairly accurate, and short.

And what about accuracy? Despite the constant pressure and occasional dirtballs (close enough to a receiver to avoid intentional grounding of busted plays) please look at his completion percentages. Then factor in sacks, pressures, hurries, hits. Compare with similar roughing-ups of Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, etc.

Further, you don't know when he was concussed and how that head injury and concomitant perception issues disrupted his subsequent passes.

And why - every time you comment, is it to proclaim your jaundiced perception of Stafford? Any thoughts on running backs, or right guards, for example?

I understand that you're upset, for whatever reason, over Stafford. But what you say doesn't reveal anything new or add anything positive to the discussion. I think you can do better and I encourage you to try.

Compare Stafford's throwing motion from last year to this year....something isn't right. There is even a video on youtube that compared his throwing motion. His elbow is definitely effecting his throws....he may not even be concussed....might be an excuse to put him longer term on the I.R......why risk further damage to his arm if he is planning to play next season?

That pass to Jefferson was a wobbler...yeah he should have caught it....but Stafford's throw wasn't great. Plus it was thrown with velocity and with that wobble....it made it more difficult to catch than a pass he would have thrown last year without the elbow injury.

The reason why I'm picking on Stafford....it's obvious his poor play is one of the biggest reasons why the Rams lost the game. It's just like Gurley or Akers with their injuries....if they can't play anymore due to injury ....they should rest, get medical treatment, accept a backup role or retire.

Why play Stafford when he is hurting the team's chances for winning? If the season is over..play Bryce Perkins to see if he is starting or backup material.

Watching Bryce Perkins's college youtube videos....his college coaches think he can make any pass....not sure why you guys think he is trash just because he is playing against 2nd stringers or 3rd stringers in the preseason.

It's weird there is so much judgement and prejudice on Bryce Perkins on this board....like you guys are expert at picking quarterbacks......there is a reason he is on the team and the coaching staff has kept him around for 2 years.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Would win with Wolford at QB change things?

Great Bordeni416November 10, 2022 01:44PM

Re: Would win with Wolford at QB change things?

Old Goat96November 10, 2022 02:14PM

Great Bordeni107November 10, 2022 02:37PM

RamsAl48162November 10, 2022 02:42PM

Stafford's arm - again?

mtramfan170November 10, 2022 06:47PM

Re: Stafford's arm - again?

RamsAl48195November 11, 2022 05:15AM

Old Goat201November 10, 2022 04:26PM

I get your question GB

Ramsdude96November 10, 2022 03:17PM

Wolford can scramble ..we have NO OL!

LompocRAM90November 10, 2022 03:47PM

Re: Wolford can scramble ..we have NO OL!

george_allen74November 10, 2022 04:02PM

Re: Wolford can scramble ..we have NO OL!

KRams157November 11, 2022 04:22AM

alyoshamucci228November 10, 2022 05:47PM

What it would do is buy time

merlin158November 11, 2022 09:30AM

Wolford sucks

ferragamo79131November 11, 2022 03:45PM

Rams have very little margin for error anymore…

Rams4365November 12, 2022 06:34AM