Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: My 2 cents on Akers..........

October 22, 2022 07:49AM
He obviously mouthed off in ear shot of a coach or worse. McVay has been about a WE not ME team vibe. If a starter shows a defiance what is the HC supposed to do? Benching the player alone doesn't stop bellyaching from the player. It can have a negative affect on the rest of the team. Akers has not played well. He chose not to pick up a blitzes right in front of him and Stafford got blasted. On one of the best run blocking plays of the season where they created a gaping hole and he should've cut back through it for a huge gain and probably a TD he ran straight into the defender for a loss. He fumbled while going into the end zone. He fumbled again somewhere else. Maybe he's rusty after the long time off. Maybe the Achilles is affecting his play. Maybe he doesn't want to split carries with Hendu because he thinks he's so much better. Who knows? We never will. But, McVay has told us he's on the trading block, but we won't give him away. That's the best he can do. Athletic ability is really important in pro sports. You can't play at this level unless your blessed with some amazing talent. What makes players great is their dedication toward being great. Maybe Akers isn't all in. It's a shame because he was a high second round pick and we'll never get that back for him. Many thought he would be a superstar RB. The hopes were high.
The Rams will trade him or release him soon.
I wish the kid the best as we repeat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My 2 cents on Akers..........Jacobs from Raiders anyone?

oldschoolramfan449October 22, 2022 07:35AM

Re: My 2 cents on Akers..........

SoCalRAMatic154October 22, 2022 07:49AM

Appreciate your analysis

NewMexicoRam169October 22, 2022 08:35AM

Is it We not me?

RamsDynasty97October 22, 2022 05:19PM

Re: Is it We not me?

kw1377October 22, 2022 05:57PM

Woods is not the same story at all

headslapper129October 22, 2022 06:20PM

Re: My 2 cents on Akers..........Jacobs from Raiders anyone?

alyoshamucci253October 22, 2022 08:01AM

Rams43147October 22, 2022 08:03AM

DESERT RAM215October 22, 2022 04:41PM