Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Suppose The Rams Were To Offer Their '23 2nd & 3rd Round Picks In Trades...

October 20, 2022 06:29AM
RamBRO quote:

Two questions:

1. Would you offer our 2023 2nd & 3rd round picks for Burns?

2. If the answer is yes, where do you suppose that places our defense? Currently, with no pass rush (outside of AD and a blitz from Ramsey) and a beat-up secondary, the Rams defense gives up 17.3 ppg. Where do you think we might be with better health on the back end and Burns opposite Floyd? Do you think it enough to suppress the points allowed even further?

This wouldn't be new territory for McVay and the team. In 2020, we put games in the hands of the defense and ask Goff to get us 17 - 20 points and not turn the ball over. Lost to the Packers in the Divisonal round with an injured AD. He stays healthy...who knows?

I don't have faith in an O-line of back-ups. But I'll roll with an even more improved defense (at least on paper).

Excellent question, BRO. A multi-faceted one, at that.

Let’s see…

First, I don’t consider myself a Burns expert, but others are quite high on the kid. He didn’t do anything in the last game against a crippled Ram OL that caught my attention, particularly. But he is young and healthy, so if Snead/McVay really like him then I could see them pursuing him for the long term future IF the Panthers are gonna be halfway reasonable. Our 2023 2nd seems reasonable but I would prefer to keep our 3rd next year so we can keep filling the pipeline.. Perhaps a future 2nd or 3rd, instead of that 2023 3rd, instead?

The importance of a good edge was proven to me last year by Miller. Good pressure while protecting the edge is invaluable. Like you, I think it’s the missing piece on our current D to allow a legit SB worthy D. I love our DL, both ILB’s, and secondary, but not our edge results. All we really lack is edge pressure and the threat thereof. So, IOW, Burns might be worth quite a lot and might be a stalwart there for years, even after AD retires. Hell, he might even induce AD to play for that 3rd year!

As an aside, a quality Edge would likely increase turnovers for this D and give our O more possessions starting with good field position. How to put a value on THAT? If it can’t be Burns, then maybe a lesser but still solid player could still be effective? Again, I just have doubts that our current edge roster can get us through the playoff gauntlet. Even in this apparent weakened and unpredictable NFC conference. Why take a chance while our SB window is open?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2022 06:30AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Suppose The Rams Were To Offer Their '23 2nd & 3rd Round Picks In Trades...

ramBRO385October 19, 2022 06:52AM

Killrazor151October 19, 2022 08:16AM

Rams43129October 19, 2022 08:32AM

ramBRO231October 19, 2022 08:51AM

Killrazor88October 20, 2022 12:01AM

If the Rams don't improve their offense.....

NewMexicoRam147October 20, 2022 05:25AM

Re: If the Rams don't improve their offense.....

ramBRO57October 20, 2022 05:55AM

Rams4369October 20, 2022 06:29AM

1976 Raiders, two years after they dismantled the team including John Madden

Stafford9129October 20, 2022 03:12AM