Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice post PSJ

September 04, 2022 03:39AM
PSJRam
"Put me in the Tutu doubter column. I still think he was a brain fart by Snead/McVay."

Personally... I believe Eskridge is the player the Rams were targeting in round 2 of last year's draft.
Eskridge was drafted by the Seahawks exactly 1 pick ahead of the Rams drafting Atwell. While still kind of a gadget guy, Eskridge is built much better for playing football and offers similar speed (4.38) while being a better option for things like Jetsweeps.

I think the Rams got caught with their pants down and reached for Atwell. That said, I hope that Tutu can contribute in a solid way beginning this year. If not, I think the Rams should look at using Jacob Harris as the guy to take the lid off of the defense.

Jacob Harris:
6'-5" - 219LBS - 4.39 (40 time)

Tutu Atwell:
5'-9" (maybe in platform cleats) - 165LBS (maybe soaking wet with pads on) - 4.32 (40 time)

I would trade out 0.07 seconds of 40-time to gain at least 8" in height advantage and probably about 70LBS in weight advantage on those deep balls thrown.

You may be right about them wanting Eskridge. Do you know how he did last year for the SheHawks last year? I might have to go watch some vids.

Maybe McVay just got it wrong on Tutu. It happens. It happened to Martz with Trung Canidate although I think Trung was the better athlete than Tutu.

Maybe McVay got it right with Tutu and we just haven't seen it yet. I think this is Tutu's last chance to shine as he has some good WR's nipping at his @ss for playing time.

BTW, that "165 lbs" for Tutu isn't correct. He mentioned in an interview during camp that he is in the 150's. I think he actually said 151 lbs but I don't have the link to the article. I know it was on here and some other sites too.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stock up, stock down before week 1: Allen Robinson expected to shine…

Rams43351September 03, 2022 06:37AM

Re: Stock up, stock down before week 1: Allen Robinson expected to shine…

max158September 03, 2022 06:53AM

PSJRam242September 03, 2022 07:54AM

Nice post PSJ

Ramsdude85September 04, 2022 03:39AM

Why blame McVay?

max243September 04, 2022 04:42AM

Re: Why blame McVay?

Ramsdude96September 04, 2022 06:42AM

SoCalRAMatic163September 03, 2022 11:14AM

Ramstien99September 03, 2022 11:28AM

Killrazor104September 03, 2022 11:15PM

Ramstien151September 04, 2022 04:37AM