Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Aaron Donald downplays last week’s helmet-swinging fiasco

August 31, 2022 01:46PM
Still getting some bad press from his temporary loss of sanity. I can see why he doesn't want to talk about it. It's a bad look on him and the NFL. I wish he would've shown a "little" remorse for his actions but he is showing none at all. rolled eyes smiley

It's a shame that the BEST player in the NFL has a bad rep for losing his temper and trying to injure people. Believe me, it pains me to even type that. I love AD. Always have. I just can't condone the extra curricular violence from him. Unfortunately, it's a pattern that we all have seen with him.

He has to learn how to be the "bigger man" and walk away when his temper gets the best of him. If he feels the need to "protect" his team mates or stick up for himself, there has to be a better way than grabbing throats and swinging helmets at peoples heads. JMO

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2022, 4:38 PM EDT

Six days ago, Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald blew a gasket during a joint practice with the Bengals. Donald ended up with an orange helmet in each hand, and he was angrily swinging them at Cincinnati players.

Donald now downplays the incident.

“It was just a practice,” Donald told Rob Maaddi of the Associated Press. “It was football. I don’t really wanna go back to nothing negative that happened and talk about something that happened in a practice. My main focus is Buffalo.”

His main focus is Buffalo because the league couldn’t suspend him for the Week One contest, and the team wouldn’t. It should have happened.

And it’s not “practice” or “football.” It goes beyond anything anyone signs up for. Although Schefty still gets clowned for calling Myles Garrett hitting Mason Rudolph in the head with his own helmet “assault,” IT WAS. It’s not part of football. It’s beyond anything remotely acceptable in a football game.

It’s conduct for which someone would have been arrested and charged, if it had happened on the street. It’s something for which Donald definitely would have been suspended by the league, if it had happened in a game.

Hopefully, the league and the NFL Players Association will agree that there should be real punishment for such incidents. After all, whenever one member of the union assaults a player with a helmet, the victim is also a member of the union. The NFLPA should want real punishment to be available when such conduct occurs.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude378August 31, 2022 01:46PM

Re: Aaron Donald downplays last week’s helmet-swinging fiasco

Classicalwit277August 31, 2022 01:57PM

Thirtymac, The Intrepid Ram160August 31, 2022 02:52PM

Nicely played Intrepid! lol

Ramsdude187August 31, 2022 03:47PM

LBCRAM177August 31, 2022 05:44PM