Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout PS Game 3 Bengals

August 28, 2022 08:42AM
Poll
How many of our guys are claimed by other teams?
Only registered users are allowed to vote for this poll.
27 votes were received.
1 or less.2

7%
2-316

59%
4 or more.9

33%

What I need to note first is the difference in offensive depth and talent on a Zac Taylor team. I think their defense was above average but still had plenty of holes on 3rd string, where they should be.

I also think both squads were a little tired. I may be reading too much into that but most of the players Im used to seeing move faster had a little lead in their pants.

Guys who will not clear waivers (new section for this game only)

1) Bryce Perkins ... He has shown touch, the ability to make quick decisions, and grit running the football.

2) McCutcheon ... He's a 1:1 beater. Just throw the ball up and he's got the advantage. His tracking and balance cannot be taught.

3) AJ Arcuri ... Honestly came along as fast or faster than AJ Jackson last year. The "Nah, we don't have to draft an OLT" sentence is something I never thought was possible. I was wrong.

4) Jonah Williams ... Someone will roster him if we don't. Hoecht might slide through ...

The Great

5) Having cut downs be as hard as they are.

6) Really just a show put on by McCutcheon ... haven't enjoyed a preseason as much as this in a while. (Though he had a couple marks against him this game, late to a block kinda stuff)

7) Keir Thomas. He might make it through waivers, I give it 50/50. He has certainly put together some highlights, but when he's beat he seems to get fully swallowed.

The Good

8) Trammell, just put him on the bench, we know we want him on the PS as our backup PR.

9) Roger Carter looks smooth catching and running with the ball. He doesn't have height but he's still dangerous on bootlegs and check downs... Im sure he'll be a PS guy.

10) Hummel I thought had a decent to plus preseason and was getting places faster in this game, though I still would take the chance on losing him to save a roster spot.

11) PS talent depth at DB. We won't lose all of them. Likely 2-3.

12) I thought Ragas was good on short yardage.

13) Garrett Flashed a tiny bit, but should still clear waivers. I'd keep K Thomas over him.

The Bad

14) Jake, you CANNOT fumble. I'm letting him clear waivers.

15) I am NOT happy with our punting situation.

16) The completion percentage by Allen and Browning are a tad disconcerting. It could just be their talent, but I'm not used to seeing so many guys open against us.

17) Not happy with Yeast.

The yearly Guess

18) How many of ours are claimed on waivers? This of course is a combo of our talent and the sneaky decisions made by the front office.

Questions and comments welcome ... at least we don't have to wait the full two weeks, now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 08:50AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS Game 3 Bengals

alyoshamucci592August 28, 2022 08:42AM

Re: Blinkscout PS Game 3 Bengals

Rams43149August 28, 2022 09:01AM

BerendsenRam178August 28, 2022 09:05AM

SoCalRAMatic216August 28, 2022 09:16AM

stlramz129August 28, 2022 11:15AM