Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My guess: no

August 10, 2022 05:20AM
From the article:

"The purchasing group is headed by Walmart heir Rob Walton, his daughter Carrie Walton Penner and her husband Greg Penner, the chairman of Walmart. "

"The new Broncos ownership group includes former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, seven-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton and Ariel Investments President and co-CEO Mellody Hobson."

So right off the bat it's pretty telling that Stan's wife Anne Walton Kroenke isn't mentioned anywhere in the article.

Further research reveals this about Rob Walton from [en.wikipedia.org] : "Samuel Robson Walton (born October 28, 1944) is an American billionaire heir to the fortune of Walmart, the world's largest retailer. He is the eldest son of Helen Walton and Sam Walton, ..."

And this about Anne Walton Kroenke from [en.wikipedia.org] : "Ann Walton Kroenke (born December 20, 1948)[4][1][2][3] is an heiress to the Walmart fortune. Ann and her sister, Nancy Walton Laurie, inherited stock from her father, Bud Walton (died 1995), who was the brother and an early business partner of Walmart founder Sam Walton."

It looks like Anne and Rob are cousins. But I haven't seen anything that says Anne is involved with the Broncos.

AlbaNY_Ram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

So does Kroenke's wife own the Broncos now?

RAMbler366August 09, 2022 04:49PM

My guess: no

AlbaNY_Ram142August 10, 2022 05:20AM

Start the rumors!

3030132August 10, 2022 05:26AM

Stan is many things

NewMexicoRam83August 10, 2022 06:08AM