Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A 7/29 training camp report from bubbaramfan…

July 29, 2022 03:52PM
Here’s bubbaramfan…

Wow! TC is finally happening! Got there early and got decent seat in the south endzone. VeteranRamFan showed up not to long after. We had our customary beer and waited for practice to start. Used a voice recorder so I'm just going to play it back and write here what went down and some thoughts as the practice progressed.

First in front of us they practiced punt drills, then 1st team O and D looked to be doing walk through, play installation. 1st OL of Noteboom, Edwards, Allen, Shelton LG, Havenstien. Defense AD, Gaines, Robinson, Jones, Wagner, Floyd, Hollins, Rapp, Scott, Ramsey, Long. Note that Ramsey only was on the field for these walk throughs, the rest of the time he was like a coach on the sideline.

2nd team O vs 1st team D Aleric Jackson took most snaps at LT, Anchrum at LG. Shelton, Kolone and Brewer all took snaps at C today. Bruss and Shelton took turns with 1st and 2nd team at LG. Bobby Evans took the majority of snaps 2nd team RT, though Anchrum did get in a few. 2nd team D was harder to see who was in. Guys that stood out were Hardy, who has speed and high motor and Durant who got couple of pass breakups and two INT's. Hill and Long seemed to be alternating, Rochelle back and forth 1st and 2nd team. I really liked what I saw of the new guys.

Now Acuri at. LT, Snyder C, Brewer RT. Look like everyone on OL is going to get in. Mx Pircher got snaps at LT and RT.

Next they broke up into their position groups with db's closest. Drilling backpedling, change of direction, etc.

Stafford and 1st team vs 1st D several scrimmage snaps. short pass to Robinson, run up middle by Akers, pass to Upp for 10. No hard contact, Akers looking good as he takes a short screen pass. I could see from my vantage who was on D, Wolford now out there with Funk RB, Skow, Harris Tutu A jackson LT, Anchrum LG, shelton C, Brewer RG, Bobby Evans RT. Wolford the Hopkins over the middle, Powell several snpas from the slot, Funk with a screen for 15.

1st team back in, Henderson run up the middle. Stafford gets sacked by Hardy. Hardy playing hard. Brewer some snaps at LG, Henderson with couple nice runs.
No deep passed so far. Durrant pass breakup to Robinson.

Redzone drills, Higbee nice catch. Durrant with INT. Terrell Lewis with good pressure, beat Havenstien.

Kicking team now out, Matt Gay right on, drilling FG's.

Still 15 min odd of practice to go I had enough and headed to the car.

Good practice. Good intensity. Some of what I took away from today's practice. Atwell looked to have put on some weight, especially on his upper body. He was fast out there but his route running looked a little shabby. Kupp also looked to have muscled up. Brian allen looked bigger, had a huge brace on his right leg. Stafford looked good, but didn;t throw anything over 15 yds.

Standout players for today: Durant is a player. 2 picks and a breakup today. I really liked what I saw from him and the other DB's. Hardy was in the backfield a lot guy is fast and turns the corner quick. T Lewis looks like he's trusting his knee.

Looking forward to tomorrows practice. Going to try and get sideline seats. Was hard to see the numbers on guys.

Rams are going to repeat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A 7/29 training camp report from bubbaramfan…

Rams43706July 29, 2022 03:52PM

Re: A 7/29 training camp report from bubbaramfan…

Killrazor294July 30, 2022 12:45AM

Not directed to me, but . . .

LBRamsFan229July 30, 2022 08:25AM

Re: Not directed to me, but . . .

Rams43137July 30, 2022 11:11AM

george_allen151July 30, 2022 03:53PM

Let's be honest

Ramsdude118July 31, 2022 06:55AM

Killrazor163July 31, 2022 12:33AM