Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 5 changes to the LA Offense in 2022: Upgrades or downgrades?

May 31, 2022 05:11AM
Interesting article and basically it doesn't really seem like in the aggregate that it argues for much difference in the changes to the offense.

I would argue that Stafford with a year under his belt in the McVay system will have the biggest difference in the offense. I also think the experience and success that Jefferson and the 2 backup TE had will be a big deal.

Biggest Question to me is the Offensive Line. Love Boom but can he stay healthy? And we will have a downgrade in the depth at tackle versus last year when he was the backup. We may downgrade the pass protection losing Corbett but improve the run blocking. The line doesn't scream problem but injuries might uncover a lack of quality depth, especially at tackle.

Harris & Tutu: Expect both to be improved and possible make a contribution.

OBJ/Woods verus Robinson: Since we didn't have both Woods and OBJ at the same time I look at this as kind of a wash but a healthy OBJ if he resigns and can make it back later in the year would signal huge upgrade.

Conclusion: If the offensive line holds up reasonable well I expect to see big improvements in the running game with a healthy Akers/Henderson, with improved run blocking. I expect the passing game to improve with Stafford having an even better command of the offense and with running game being more of a threat. I also look for Harris or Tutu to take be inserted as a deep threat as 4th wideout or as a change of pace during normal 11 man sets.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 changes to the LA Offense in 2022: Upgrades or downgrades?

Rams43348May 30, 2022 06:42AM

SoCalRAMatic143May 30, 2022 04:05PM

my opinion...

LMU93140May 31, 2022 03:21AM

Re: my opinion...

Rams4384May 31, 2022 05:16AM

leafnose138May 31, 2022 04:51AM

David Deacon82May 31, 2022 05:11AM