Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: 5 changes to the LA Offense in 2022: Upgrades or downgrades?

May 31, 2022 04:51AM
Does Whit really want to suit again? I'd be surprised by that this early. Perhaps come late summer he starts feeling less banged up.
He's been around the club a lot over the last number of weeks. Hmmmm

Agree with the writer that Corbett earned his payday, and that it's about right for his level.
Not sure what the writer thinks about Brian Allen moving to RG. Allen is nasty, but I wouldn't use the word "rangy" as a descriptor. I don't think many here are convinced the Evans has a starting spot at all. He may solely be the man behind Havs.
I'll give a nod to Coleman. Bruss is a true rookie, and Coleman's opportunity to gain the confidences of the coaches in the OL room may pan out early. The club may be wiser to work in Bruss than just anointing him the starter.
Upgrade or Downgrade? Well, as June 1st idea I'd call it even.

Kyren Williams, Jake Funk, Xavier Jones, and Raymond Calais
Henderson and Akers.
I'll say that there entire fleet has at some point been banged minus the newbie. I'd say the list of 4 right there gets a big dose of summer work. Can they stay healthy through camp let alone the first quarter of the season is a real question.
With the amount of passing that happens in the current NFL, pass protection is as important as gaining ground by foot.
Sony was a midseason add, but he was more talented than the backups. I think this is slight downgrade.

Kendall Blanton / Brycen Hopkins / Harris over Mundt ??

At this point, yes. Mundt was really an after thought. And just when one thought he'd be a principle role player he gets injured. If our coaches are on their game, I imagine that the pad levels are coming down and that these guys are going to be expected to get after blocking. After this much attention this should be an upgrade. Add that TE is among the most cerebral demand of football, one ought to feel these guys have matured into their spots.

Allen Robinson
Still painful to have Woods off the roster. I won't even be able to assess Robinson until live snaps in September. To my eye, they're different players. Woods can damage the short and intermediate zone, and exceptional at finding the open spot. I think that's what Kupp does so well, too. Robinson makes his money deeper downfield. Also, Bobby Trees was a monster blocking for his mates. I'll admit: It's possible that Robinson gives Stafford a deep target on a regular basis, and that translates to "explosives." I won't be the least surprised if that's the go to play to our new WR. Downfield, and downfield often.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

5 changes to the LA Offense in 2022: Upgrades or downgrades?

Rams43349May 30, 2022 06:42AM

SoCalRAMatic144May 30, 2022 04:05PM

my opinion...

LMU93141May 31, 2022 03:21AM

Re: my opinion...

Rams4384May 31, 2022 05:16AM

leafnose138May 31, 2022 04:51AM

David Deacon83May 31, 2022 05:11AM